The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Were Eclipses sold in japan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelapse

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2004
savannah, Georgia
Okay before I get flamed I know our cars are not really imports, with that said.
I just want to put a touch of import on it. I did see the JDM taillights with the amber sides, but I do not know where to find them.
Anyone know of any JDM modifications we can do to our cars that do not consist of engine parts? BTW I did use search and got a whole crap load of engine parts.

hey guys, dont flame, but im wondering, since they were made here, were some imported over there? cause i know you can get a "JDM" 4G63, so im wondering what they were put in over there...

there WERE a very limited amount of 1g's made in japan [gullwing AWD's], not too sure of any 2gs, but i doubt it.

when you hear of a JDM 4G63 that would be the EVO 3 [ and i think 1,2 ] motor. also known as the cyclone motor. and yep, galant vr4's had them too ;)

blcknspo0ln said:
there WERE a very limited amount of 1g's made in japan [gullwing AWD's], not too sure of any 2gs, but i doubt it.

when you hear of a JDM 4G63 that would be the EVO 3 [ and i think 1,2 ] motor. also known as the cyclone motor. and yep, galant vr4's had them too ;)

i dont' believe they were made there... just imported... and the gullwings i think were reworked by a company over there and not stock like that... much like the targa 1gs in germany

The very few 1G's imported to Japan were called GSR4's. I know I've seen a red one here before.

A JDM 4G63 was used in the (I think) '89, '90, '91, and early '92 Lancer GSR's, which was before the Evolution model was born.

there are some 2Gs over in Japan, but it's all FWD turbo, called Eclipse GT I think there's another version in Japan, but I forgot which one, def. not the GSX.

The production of the Eclipse, Talon and Lazer was in Normal Illinois. The Galant VR4 was available in Japan as well as the Evo I-III. The Evo IV-VIII has an engine that is flipped around for better weight distibution by having the trans on the other side. There were 2g Eclipses in Japan but they were all grey maket meaning that someone imported them there. Most of these Eclipses were 95-96 body style. :dsm:

I've seen one 1g and one 2g, and I've been here for 6 months. The 1g was in a parking lot as we were driving by, and the 2g drove by as I was looking out the window of a club. So I didn't get good looks to see if they were AWD or anything. But they are definately rare here. I have seen some nice newer gvr-4s though, ones that resemble our 96 style galants in the states. I like em!!!

me612 said:
I have seen some nice newer gvr-4s though, ones that resemble our 96 style galants in the states. I like em!!!

Don't they have the beefy 6G72tt in them, if so, I'll take two!

i remember i was on dsmtraders once and i saw a guy selling a rhd talon a 1991 he said it wasnt a conversion he said it was stock....was this a jdm model? :talon:

i jus 8 ur vtec said:
i remember i was on dsmtraders once and i saw a guy selling a rhd talon a 1991 he said it wasnt a conversion he said it was stock....was this a jdm model? :talon:

He was lying

Okay before I get flamed I know our cars are not really imports, with that said.
I just want to put a touch of import on it. I did see the JDM taillights with the amber sides, but I do not know where to find them.
Anyone know of any JDM modifications we can do to our cars that do not consist of engine parts? BTW I did use search and got a whole crap load of engine parts

Anyone know of any JDM modifications we can do to our cars that do not consist of engine parts? BTW I did use search and got a whole crap load of engine parts.
Yes they were. A lot of dealerships sold them over there.

Yes they were. A lot of dealerships sold them over there.
I know it’s a bit easy to mistake these old threads the way the site is laid out sometimes but this thread is almost 18 years old and this has been made well known by now (don’t feel bad, someone responded to an old one the other day and I responded not realizing the rest of the posts were from 11 years ago).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back