The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

went 12.58 @107.00 today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not everyone is a 10 sec driver there first time out... :rolleyes: . And the only onther thing I can think of to say is QUIT PUTTING A/T's DOWN!!! all you need is a good launch, requiring good rpms, boost, ample power, and traction. The big boys in racing use a/t's NOT manuals, the may not put down as much power but the perfect shift EVERY TIME along with constant boost more then make up for it.

To the original poster, keep up the work Im sure with a tune, and more practice youll be hitting a much better number. :thumb:
ANdrew

BluemeanieTSi said:
yeah like th350's and turbo400's not dsm trannies
This is true...but there are two AT DSMs in the 9s now, and I'm sure there will be many more "fast" DSMs to follow...we just needed the right backing and technology, and it's here. Also remember that things that generally work for MT does not always have to work with an AT...
There was an invitation to continue this via PM so the thread doesn't get locked....

BluemeanieTSi said:
yeah like th350's and turbo400's not dsm trannies

Yes I know this for the most part...but what people dont realize is that a dsm tranny, drivetrain and motor are in their infancy when compared to 350's ford 9in and powerglide. These items have been around the block SEVERAL times and have also had a strong following and LOTS of r&d over the past several decades. Take for insyance my car, 95 gsx only around 10-10.5 years old.. not very long ago huh? then take a look at my dads 69 cutlass supreme over 35 years the car has been on the road plus the cars that preceded it.

What Im saying is give dsm's a chance to grow and have a more adult following, and one day 20-30 years down the road you may see hondas or fords or dodge awd cars running a dsm drivetrain....but then again I may be dreaming. All we can hope for in the a/t world(other then fighting off 5speed sissys) is for guys like transdude to help r and d parts with muscle car experoince so that we may benefit.
andrew

DSMeclipse4G63 said:
Yes I know this for the most part...but what people dont realize is that a dsm tranny, drivetrain and motor are in their infancy when compared to 350's ford 9in and powerglide. These items have been around the block SEVERAL times and have also had a strong following and LOTS of r&d over the past several decades. Take for insyance my car, 95 gsx only around 10-10.5 years old.. not very long ago huh? then take a look at my dads 69 cutlass supreme over 35 years the car has been on the road plus the cars that preceded it.

What Im saying is give dsm's a chance to grow and have a more adult following, and one day 20-30 years down the road you may see hondas or fords or dodge awd cars running a dsm drivetrain....but then again I may be dreaming. All we can hope for in the a/t world(other then fighting off 5speed sissys) is for guys like transdude to help r and d parts with muscle car experoince so that we may benefit.
andrew

dsms already grew with shep trans and tre trans, we've already had 8s dsm trans. you're saying wait till the aftermarket catches up how long are you going to wait? th350's were running 8s passes well into the 70's along with powerglides you're talking 30 years i'm saying they were doing it back then. bitching about waiting for the aftermarket to catch up is retarded how long you willing to wait?

Ok, I read the thread, and then went back to read the original again because I nearly forgot what this thread was about. Good time, keep up the good work and post at the end of the season when you are well into the 11's.
-Jesse

DSMeclipse4G63 said:

andrew

At 65 years of age, I hope I can be considered one adult following the DSM A/T issues. With some bad tuning, a axle booth throwing grease and a cold track, we made one run already this year of 11.1@129 with a 1.54 60'. With a vision of being the first with a street driven full weigh A/T DSM in the ten's without Nitrous, I will persuasive with the A/T. The point being, A/T DSM owners will continue to lower their times and I believe with similar motor setups, in the future, a A/T car will surpass the M/T cars times! Also, John at IPT is working hard to R and D with people like Russ and Kevin to produce a "bullet proof" DSM A/T for all of you, supporting IPT's adventure is something we all need to consider!

Best Regards,

Bob Friend

ipt rules. i miss my a/t dsm.. it wasnt as much fun to drive as my 5 speed omni is, but it was always nice hearing about how a/t cars suck anytime i went anywhere in it.. i just wish i was able to hold on to it long enough to make it faster, i had all of the basics- 3" exhaust, solid ic piping, a good bov, hard intake and k&n, shift kit and konis.. probably some other stuff too, all on a t28 at 18 psi.. stock tune.. and my best time backseat, spare, and all rear interior removed was a 14.4.. this was across 30 or so runs at 2 seperate tracks over 3 months and all wheather conditions, and i know how to drive. i tried everything i could think of and that was the fastest time it could muster.

our a/t's can be quick if properly built to the task, but they absoultely cannot be on stock internals. a torque converter was all that was keeping me out of the 13's.

probably why a/t's have a bad rep.. they just need a bit more modding to keep up with the 5 speeds, but once that is done they will be outrunning them :) and this is why i love ipt, they seem to be the only tranny company interested in advancing the a/t dsm tranny. so support them!

I couldn't agree more Mr. Friend...
Let's also not forget how long people have been racing these Ford, GM, and powreglide transmissions....they have far more R&D and support than we do..

98TalonTSi said:
I couldn't agree more Mr. Friend...
Let's also not forget how long people have been racing these Ford, GM, and powreglide transmissions....they have far more R&D and support than we do..

i already posted about this at the bottom of the previous page...gm autos were in the 9's and 10's before they got out of the 70s :rolleyes:

with 4 times the displacement that isnt all that surprising. and i doubt the cars that were doing it were very close to stock weight or interior. not that it matters, we are talking about a/t dsm trannies, not gm trannies in the 70's. our autos are underdeveloped, period, regardless of what happened 30 years ago in a different car with a different style of engine and drivetrain that is basically totally unrelated to what we are doing and talking about in every way shape and form.

*serious* a/t dsm tranny development is only a year or two old from what i can tell. we are going to get faster.

Congrats on the 12 second pass, keep at it and you'll get better. Good job!

yeah they may have been running those times in the 70s but then the motors and racing technology had already had 30 or more years of racing tech from everything from bootleggers to early nascar. I bet you that they werent running 9s or 10s with a drivetrain and engine technology thats 10 years old. they also didnt have to deal with ecu's emmissions technology, and IRS(indepentdent suspension) which by the way is really bad for drag racing. We have extremely little back in the a/t world of dsm's, mostly people choose manuals. I bet if half the r and d and following of manual dsm's and a/ts would be the dsm's to have...

DOnt get me wrong IPT is doing ALOT of great things but the a/t crowd does need a little more support.... at the rate they pump out parts we should have a "bullet proff tranny VERY soon.

DSMeclipse4G63 said:
yeah they may have been running those times in the 70s but then the motors and racing technology had already had 30 or more years of racing tech from everything from bootleggers to early nascar. I bet you that they werent running 9s or 10s with a drivetrain and engine technology thats 10 years old. they also didnt have to deal with ecu's emmissions technology, and IRS(indepentdent suspension) which by the way is really bad for drag racing. We have extremely little back in the a/t world of dsm's, mostly people choose manuals. I bet if half the r and d and following of manual dsm's and a/ts would be the dsm's to have...

DOnt get me wrong IPT is doing ALOT of great things but the a/t crowd does need a little more support.... at the rate they pump out parts we should have a "bullet proff tranny VERY soon.

you know i have to laugh at you guys, first you say that now gm trans technology has had 30 years of r&d so i say 30 years ago they were still doing it and you say "well back then they had 30 years of r&d" so which is it? gm trans has 11 billion years of r&d and the eclipse trans only has 10 so that's why it sux :rolleyes:

BluemeanieTSi said:
you know i have to laugh at you guys, first you say that now gm trans technology has had 30 years of r&d so i say 30 years ago they were still doing it and you say "well back then they had 30 years of r&d" so which is it? gm trans has 11 billion years of r&d and the eclipse trans only has 10 so that's why it sux :rolleyes:

Man seriously who cares what has what development...point and case is, we're still learning about the DSM AT, as well as I'm sure GM guys...In the end the goal is to go as fast as we possibly can.

BluemeanieTSi said:
i already posted about this at the bottom of the previous page...gm autos were in the 9's and 10's before they got out of the 70s :rolleyes:

Actually the Ramchagers out of Detroit with their alter-wheel base Dodge 426 Hemi, Hilbron injectors and using the push button Torqueflight transmission were the only ones running the times in the 70's you are referencing too, they even got into the 8's with a race only car. Chevy had a 454 ci Chevelle street car with a A/T in the 70's, mid 12's were its best times. If I am wrong here, please give a example of a GM auto running 9's and 10's in the 70s?

Why has "went 12.58@107 today" become such a big pissing contest??

-Bob

That's because DSMtuners is frequented by people who have nothing better to do than to argue and put people down.

What's so hard to understand here guys? DSM ATs are behind the times because they were made to handle ~200 ftlbs of torque stock. The GM trannies were bolted to big blocks putting out 300-400ftlbs. The application along already put the GM trannies way ahead. 2nd point, do you even think it's comparable how many AT dsms are there out 10 years after it's inception compared to AT GMs at the same relative point in time?

As far as Awoler goes, good for him to post that time! It's called a shakedown run. Sure, there's some of you out there who don't post times unless it's on race gas blah blah, but he just chose to share his shakedown times...no need to get your panties in a knot over it.

You guys need to chill. He wasn't bragging, just sharing, and AFAIK, according to the AT fastest times list on VRC, that makes him 14th fastest in the country. Put's it into a little better perspective I hope?

Yeah ^^ what he said. A 12.58 is impressive for a A/t dsm and yes even for a 60-1 and yes i also agree he might need more tuning or supportin mods. But its not like hes posting his best times its his trial ones u know its not that bad. You see guys here all the time posting "first day at the track! 14.52" or whatever people post track threads all the time regardless if it was there best run. They just post so people will give them feedback basically. The Auto dsm world is improving and getting faster as we speak. I have seen more and more Automatic dsmers coming out and seeing more and more A/t mods being developed. 12.58 is a good ass time considering with just a restalled converter..how much boost and rpms can u see when u brake boost?

Coup D E'Tat said:
Nice 16g times. Way to use that 60-1.

Tune it, run race gas, and post a good time.

and I thought we dsmers were nice and encouraging people guess there are just those ones in every group that have no respect for others :cool: (ehh hes probably a 16yr old based on his posts so we all should just ignore him) :dsm:

here is one of the videos a bunch of us local guys did,my car first car shown...my 12.58 run video should be up in a couple of days....and just to let you guys that are hatin so much when i do, and i will make my first mid to low 11 sec pass then i will want my cookies you hatin' asses...http://www.dsm-racing.com/dsmracing/launches.wmv

/D E'Tat]I'm going to respectfully back down from any more posts towards the original guy. If you guys want to congradulate a 12 second run on a huge turbo, be my guest. I said to make some good times, and I'll be more than willing to congradulate him, but that time is just not impressive. I do not want to get this guys thread locked for no reason.
[/QUOTE]

i cant stand jackass snobs like you. " does he want a cookie? that doesnt impress me, ima little biatch"
its not what your sayin. its how you say it. maybe the times arnt "good" for a big turbo but why the fawk do you have a attitude problem? "post when you run better times" "do you want a cookie for runnin 12's"?
and who is that little butt buddy that keeps defending you?
"IM me if you want to continue"
um...is this your loser atempt to get on the good side of mods that probably hate your guts?
i think id rather call you out in public.
im such a peace&love guy. but some poeple.... :rolleyes:
its amazing how easy it is sometimes, to "see" a person.
learn to be more positive. get your head out your ass.

anyways, good job Awoler. keep modding. and keep fighting for the at dsms!
:thumb:
i hope to be in the 12's mid this year!LOL..i got alot of work to do. (im stock)LOL ...peace :talon:

im not trying to get this thread locked but if it does, sorry awoler. some poeple need to be shut up.but you can just post up your 11's SOON so its all good right? LOL :cool: good luck

The foundation is there, but the converter is what is really holding this car back. That big 60-1 cannot spool on the stock converter. With that turbo, the only way to go is the billet converter, a restalled stocker probbaly wont do. What were the 60 ft. times for that car? I think there is well over .5 sec. alone over stock with a custom billet converter. Then with tuning he will be running right along with the M/T guys. This is another reason the A/T are behind. NO ONE WANTS TO RUN THEM, because the general assumption is that they are slugs, which is true in stock form. But then again what heavily modified M/T car is good without an upgraded clutch?

joeracer321 said:
The foundation is there, but the converter is what is really holding this car back. That big 60-1 cannot spool on the stock converter. With that turbo, the only way to go is the billet converter, a restalled stocker probbaly wont do. What were the 60 ft. times for that car? I think there is well over .5 sec. alone over stock with a custom billet converter. Then with tuning he will be running right along with the M/T guys. This is another reason the A/T are behind. NO ONE WANTS TO RUN THEM, because the general assumption is that they are slugs, which is true in stock form. But then again what heavily modified M/T car is good without an upgraded clutch?

That is my same problem when i race from a dig cars are like 3 cars ahead of me by the time I start to spool..It sucks havent had the money for a billet converter yet.. But an all out billet converter will do wonders...I need at least a 4k stall to launch with like 15psi.. That should do the trick..err now i gata worry about traction issues. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back