The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Got my newly and fully BUILT IPT tranny and TQ today!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboogieman

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2002
First off let me thank John (and Joe) over at Import Performance Transmissions for hanging around on a "half day" for me to drive up to pick my tranny up. They stayed waaaaaay longer than they wanted. Thanks John. What a long hellacious 3 hour drive with my wife and screaming :cry: 10 month old son!!! Aggghh!
Anyhow, got the "whole nine yards" done to the tranny and even welded the center diff, high stall TQ and the valve body done proper too! EVERYTHING John could mod or build better was done. I think this tranny will hold more than I will be putting to it anytime soon. ;) It will be at Maple Grove first chance.
Well, once again, thanks John-IPT for building this up for me. I am sure I will have it on the road by next weekend! I will definitely be posting up the results when I am up and running again.
Leo

Originally posted by theboogieman
First off let me thank John (and Joe) over at Import Performance Transmissions for hanging around on a "half day" for me to drive up to pick my tranny up. They stayed waaaaaay longer than they wanted. Thanks John. What a long hellacious 3 hour drive with my wife and screaming :cry: 10 month old son!!! Aggghh!
Anyhow, got the "whole nine yards" done to the tranny and even welded the center diff, high stall TQ and the valve body done proper too! EVERYTHING John could mod or build better was done. I think this tranny will hold more than I will be putting to it anytime soon. ;) It will be at Maple Grove first chance.
Well, once again, thanks John-IPT for building this up for me. I am sure I will have it on the road by next weekend! I will definitely be posting up the results when I am up and running again.
Leo

results ? cmon, fill us in . I wanna get one of those

Originally posted by 69_luv
Just curious how much was your trans with build up and parts?

Well you have to remember that I had John rebuild the whole tranny and TQ so it was a bit more than just say the end clutches or such. Over all I think it was around 2700 for everything I had done. When John took my tranny apart even I could see it was toasted beyond just a couple little fixes.
Leo

The guy I bought my car from had the tranny built a month before I aquired the car. I have the receipt and it was over $2600 for parts/labor. I think that's around ballpark for the job done right with quality parts.

ROW

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back