The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

IPT tranny update!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboogieman

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2002
Well I guess it has been about 2 weeks now since getting the tranny in and running. So far EVERYTHING is holding up great. I can not complain at all about this tranny.
I have not really sat and brake torqued EXCEPT about 2 times and the launch was absolute grip and pulled excellent! The welded center diff seems to make a big difference, at least I think I can feel the difference.
All the shifts are firm and very crisp whether crusing slow or WOT. One thing I do notice it that the car does not like going slow in a low gear. This is cause of the high stall TQ. I usually have to manually keep it in 2nd gear when going really slow or creeping in traffic. If I just leave it alone the car doesn't want to move much, gotta' get the RPMs up to move. :)

Overall I have nothing but great things to say so far about IPT and John. If anyone is shopping around take a look and stop by IPT and talk to them...they should have a solution for you and your tranny problems.

Once I get a new time slip I will post it up. Old time was 13.3 with a 1.9 60'. Only mods done since then is the tranny and suspension........if I do not go soon the GM MAFT will also be on by then. We'll see.

I do feel confident that the transmission's rebuild and upgrade will net me a better time.

Leo

Originally posted by stangtt
Good news to hear! What torque convertor did you go with? A restalled stocker or the 9-1/2" Billet?

John rebuilt the stocker for me. It was already upgraded though. I already had the Pro Torque TQ but John redid it anyhow since everything else needed to be done. I would have loved the Billet!!!!!!! Can't complain though.
Leo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back