The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

went 12.58 @107.00 today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awoler

20+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2003
montgomery, Alabama
just wanted to let everybody know i went 12.58 @ 107.00 today and thats with a bad luanch untuned for pump gas on a 60-1 turbo ,on the stock tranny internals except for a p.i high stall converter shift kit and alto end clutch...i will post the vid soon on my buddys website www.dsm-racing.com

Nice 16g times. Way to use that 60-1.

Tune it, run race gas, and post a good time.

Coup D E'Tat said:

HAhaha just like the fp3065 going 13's ...

Its a start, but 60-1 should be doing mid 11s on pump. 5 years ago I did 12.7/112 on just a 16g and basic bolt ons and pump gas. You have lots of tuning to do.

Congrat's on joing the 12 sec club! Ignore those other guys, guess they don't understand the auto tranny thing. I'm sure with a little tuning and a good launch an 11 second pass is in your future. Send me your info and I will add your time to the fastest list.

-Russ

Nice times man....the 12 second barrier is not easy with any turbo an on AT...let's see what I can do with a SBR GT-13 this season...
Keep up the good work...and give that turbo what it deserves...some more fresh air ;)

Awoler said:
just wanted to let everybody know i went 12.58 @ 107.00 today and thats with a bad luanch untuned for pump gas on a 60-1 turbo ,on the stock tranny internals except for a p.i high stall converter shift kit and alto end clutch...i will post the vid soon on my buddys website www.dsm-racing.com

Outstanding job young man!

-Bob

Coup D E'Tat said:

Always refreshing to put somebody down, enhancer of the old "ego", right!

What be your best time with that TO4B-H3 will pumping that there 2600 clutch and pulling your stick?

-Bob

Ha...a person that actually tries his hardest to be an ass...gotta love those, they're the reason I come home at night and say "God, tonight sucked balls..." LOL Anyways, good time man, I would LOVE to be going mid 12's. Keep us updated.

Hummer said:
Always refreshing to put somebody down, enhancer of the old "ego", right!

What does he want, a cookie for going mid 12's on a 600HP turbo?

What be your best time with that TO4B-H3 will pumping that there 2600 clutch and pulling your stick?

-Bob

Speak English, and maybe I can decipher the shit that rolled off of your finger tips and post a reply.

That was the point...Bob was making an indirect funny.....
And those times from only a restalled converter are great...I don't think I would have the balls to run on the track with my restall and a 60-1....I'm even hesitant to run my SBR GT-13 until I put in a billet unit..

look coup... i'm not asking for a cookie for my time i just thought i'd let ever know what my car did the first time out with no tuning and the stock 150k short block and yes i know they are not the greatest time and yes i had a faster mph way back in 97' when i had a m/t big 16g'd fwd ....but this is the first time since bolting the auto back together that i've been to the track and i have to say 12.58 with a bad launch vs the factory 15.2 after just bolting on stuff and still have less than $3300 in the whole car feels pretty damn good... :thumb:

I'd be excited if I ran a 12.5, even if I was driving a 10 second car. So let the man be happy damnit, he didn't say he wanted a cookie, a trophy, a ribbon, or that he wanted to be worshipped, or anything. He clearly said "Just letting everyone know..." Go rain on someone else's parade.

The only automatic cars I run at the track are high hp rwd TTA's that have a great drivetrain. I have limited experience with the dsm a/t but I have heard of the complexity and difficulty in netting great et's. So I imagine yes if this turbo was in a m/t car we would all be expecting something better, although many people have trouble with 50-trims, but in an a/t car I think it is a good time and that with more mods to the tranny and car you should be able to get it closer to if not in the 11's. Good job so far man. :thumb:

Awoler said:
look coup... i'm not asking for a cookie for my time i just thought i'd let ever know what my car did the first time out with no tuning and the stock 150k short block and yes i know they are not the greatest time and yes i had a faster mph way back in 97' when i had a m/t big 16g'd fwd ....but this is the first time since bolting the auto back together that i've been to the track and i have to say 12.58 with a bad launch vs the factory 15.2 after just bolting on stuff and still have less than $3300 in the whole car feels pretty damn good... :thumb:

Hey, I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just saying that you should wait until you start running the car the way it should be ran before you posted a time. This is like that guy who ran a 13 or whatever on a 3065. My point is, is that your car has a lot more in it, and that you should get a nice slip to back up that big ass turbo.

If I came on here saying I ran a 14 on a 50 trim, every mod under the sun, and no tuning, I wouldn't expect replies any different from those that were posted.

Dude, you did that in an auto? Bad ass man :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Makes for a happy DSM girl

Coup D E'Tat said:

lets see you run some 12's....

going out of your way to casually insult someone for posting up a not at all bad time on their a/t car? your a f'ing douche. its pretty simple to understand

dont talk unless you are impressing me... :rolleyes:

I'm going to respectfully back down from any more posts towards the original guy. If you guys want to congradulate a 12 second run on a huge turbo, be my guest. I said to make some good times, and I'll be more than willing to congradulate him, but that time is just not impressive. I do not want to get this guys thread locked for no reason.

And Mirage, please explain how that would mean anything? My knowledge (or lack thereof) of wiring and reading volts and such has absolutely nothing to do with tuning abilities, building abilities, and driving abilities. Excuse me for not wanting to throw something away that may work perfectly. Please don't bring up anything concerning me again, until you can learn to drive. You talk down about others, and you yourself have a lot of room to improve.

Thanks for playing, and PM me if you care to further "discuss" this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back