The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Weather stripping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandaBear

Probationary Member
Feb 9, 2010
Ottawa, ON_Canada
So the weather stripping on my driver's side is peeling off and it looks terrible. I tried finding the replacement part and it costs 132 dollars for that piece of rubber + Chrysler has stopped making it.

I'm thinking of just scraping the rest off and painting it if I can't find a cheap replacement. Does anyone know of any good black paint that'll stick?

If I do find one for cheap, how would you go about replacing it? Does it just snap in or glue in or something? (can't find this in the hayne's manual...)

FInally, the WS on the rest of the car also look worn, is there any products that'll recondition them and restore moisture?

not really sure what exact part your talking about when you say weather stripping...

It should be painted underneath the weather stripping from the factory. I don't think you can spray a 1/2" thick bead of paint to replicate the seal though... You can try to take a piece of the original weather strip and compare it to what is available from JC Whitney or some other automotive vendor to replace it with something close (height and width at least). It won't be a direct pop in, you'll have to use some type of adhesive obviously. If you don't replace it with SOMEthing, you'll hear the wind, get water inside your car, and your doors will rattle. The choice is obviously up to you though.

Oh, this is really confusing. The thick soft hose thing that sits between the window and the body that keeps moisture out is fine. It's the strip on top of the window on the outside that is peeling off. here's a picture for better comparison.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I asked around some junkyards, and when I mentioned this part, the guy immediately knew what was wrong with it because all three of the 2G talons he had had this kind of chunky fallout on the top weather strip door trim thing.

JNZ is the absolute best at finding parts you need at greatly discounted prices. If you can't find it on their website, give them a call and they WILL find the part for you. Hurry now, as parts are getting discontinued, and there are certain parts you just dont want to paint over and half-ass.

Oh. my. god. ARMYGSX You are godly for giving me that link! Ordered! XD

I knew DSMtuners was leet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back