The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

VPC problems....I'm stumped.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoOLxExO

20+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2002
Gray, Maine
I just got a used VPC.It came with everything. I read the instructions. The car was just fitted with a worked head, ARP studs, RalliArt Head Gasket. I plug in the VPC. I turn the key, the car starts, runs for three seconds and dies. Everytime. Turn key/Start/Stall. I got Denso 660's in the car as well. I can't figure out why the car will not stay running. No check engine- No nothing.
THanks for the space,
Nick

I supposed you are sure everything is hooked up right? Did you use a 1G harness? What chip are you using with the 660s injectors?

Are you getting any codes? do you have a datalogger? I found that the 1g harness can get loose where the spices and the resistors. I would highly recommend you solder them.

No codes or anything.
THe system is plug and play, I'm pretty sure I can put two connectors together.:thumb:
Does anyone know about dipswitch settings?
I got the 49-state 550 chip.
The car will start, again, but shuts right off after a short amount of time.
Any other ideas?

You can run 550 chip with 660 injectors, just not ideal but they'll still work. I used to run 550 chip with my 680cc injectors also. However, I have S-AFC to lean it out a little. With the 660 chip now, my AFC is just for fine tuning.

I get 5 volts on the yellow wire and ZERO on the blue wire.Is the BLue wire MAP output? Cause if it is I'm not getting it. No voltage i mean. Is there a way to fix this chit? I got the unit used, but is it possible to ruin the VPC unit its-self?
I'm at my wits end.
It has to be a map out put problem, but how to fix it? Anyone know how to check the actual sensor?

HELP!!!!

If the map output 0v, it should trigger a CEL. I dont remember which color is which. I can check after I got home and let you know. Do you have an S-AFC or logger? What is your airflow like at idle?

I went on both sides of the Blue wire that goes to the map and it gets no voltage on either end. Ieven measured it where it connect to the mother board and still no voltage.
If someone can cross reference their setup with where I measured with a multi meter, it would be appreiceated.
Nick

Yeah, the manual says using the green wire as ground, the yellow should read 5v and the blue wire is the output that should read around 1.74v at atmospheric pressure. Reading zero is not good. Either the MAP sensor is toasted or your connection is shorted. Hopefully not to ground.

So thoretically if I get a new map sensor and wire a new piece of wire to the controll unit, it should work correct?
What if it shorted, would it damage the unit?
I'm a tad misguided as to what i should do.
THanks,
Nick

What you can do is to check the continuity of all the wires. Make sure they are connected like they should. If the wires that should not be connect has continuity, then it has a short. The only reason I can think of it reading zero is either the wire is shorted to ground or the MAP is broken. Test the continuity of them wires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back