The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Venting to the atmosphere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you also have to include the fact that if you get the hks vpc its a stand alone fuel management system too!!!!!!!so in actuality its like getting an afc and a converter to change out your MAS.....it allows you to vent to atm and run a cold air intake too!!!!!!

BatmanGSX, if that so then i guess ill have to remove the 3" intake i made from Home Depot Motorsport and replace back my stock intake; If that would give me better result at the track.. oh s*t i think i lost the hose that goes from BOV to intake hose :(

anyone know where i can get the bov hose so i can reconnnect mine? the previous owner has it venting to the atm and it is messing with my idle and when i am sowing down fomr highway speeds, it tries to die on me :(

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! If you vent with the MAS you are pretty ignorant. Almost everyone that knows any better will tell you not to vent. If you are running a standalone with an airflow sensor after the BOV, by all means vent away. But for god's sake stop trying to come up with excuses to vent. "so and so does it and they're not having any problems"
SO WHAT. Bottom line, the car was not meant to run this way. I liked Batman's quote, I like the sounds of rods knocking but I still put oil in my car. HAHA. You can hear the BOV vent back into the intake. I sure as hell can on my car. Learn about these cars before you put yours to a life of shameful despair like the many others that are out there. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!!

I've been venting into the atmosphere for 2 months with no problems, I'm not sure if it will work on your car but I'll tell you this girls love it!
It scares V8s and hondas away all day, and it gets girls, if i go to the track i will vent back into the intake till then atmosphere is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by EcLiPSe 9R
and it gets girls

Yeah because that's why I got a DSM. To get girls. But sh|t, that will never happen, I have a 1G with actual functional modifications. Fu@k.

EcLiPSe 9R, 1f I tyPe L1k3 7his and g3t a 2G, wi7h n3on L1ght5 and a v3nt3d B0V, w1ll I b3 4ble to ge7 ch1cks? 1 H0p3 5o.

Its not my fault you have a 1g so dont take your rage out on me, Im tellin you girls love it and that a fact you can take that how you want toand if you wanna b*tch about it so be it.

Wh0 1s b17ch1ng? 1 ju5t w4n7 y0ur 3xpert adv1se 0n u5ing car5 t0 p1ck up ch1cks. Wh4t 0th3r p0intl3ss, p0w3r r0bb1ng m0dz can 1 d0?

i'm fully aware that venting into the atmosphere robs power, but am i lying when i say it gets chicks??? thats all i wanna know, I'm not sayin thats what i got my DSM for but sh1t why not??

Don't worry, if I didn't like you I wouldn't make fun of you. At least you plan on recirculating at the track.

Actually, you know what is hilarious, I am totally against venting BOVs to the atmosphere with a MAS but I am doing it as we speak. That's right, I have a TiAL with a 2G MAS. I'm a giant hypocrite. #@%#@%#@%#@% happens. It's still wrong though.

The worst part is that the TiAL sounds like crap (poof!). So not only am I losing power but I also cannot pickup chicks. It's sad.

Do not do as I do, do as I say.

LOL to that Batman, everyone tells u not to but it sounds so damn cool, i just say F@ck it you only live once, let everyone know what your packin is what i say it will save u gas when they back out of the race!

I dont know what time it is over there but its 4am here and Im up talking about whether to vent into the atmosphere or not. I just think thats funny as hell, but I luv DSMs what can i say? As for all the rest of u dont rag on me cause I like to pick up chicks its not my fault its my hormones and a cute gurl looks good ridin shotgun in a DSM!!!

Oh.....it all makes sence now! Your against everyone else venting to the atmosphere because you want to have the only cool sounding car!:D

Originally posted by Atari007
This post is STILL going???? :rolleyes:

Unforunatly, yes.

I think the question that should be asked is, do you think venting to the atmosphere is smart, and who ever says yes should be banned. It is a simple concept that some just cannot grasp.

Batman, why are you venting to the atmosphere? Is it because you BOV dosen't route back to your intake, if so why did you buy it? I'm just curious because you seem to be the biggest advocate of non atomshphere venters, or do you just like the "cool" sound?

Mike

Anyone who does it, does it for the sound. No one ever said it increases performance. Everyone knows it makes your car idle bad, die when the rpms drop and run rich causing backfires in between shifts. But not everyones cars are as severe. So why do you guys have to name call like little kids and call people idiots and say things like, "they should be banned". It's thier car. If it runs ok that way then fine, if it doesn't then they obviously would put it back to stock. If it runs a little rich on decel for a moment then let them be...it's not like there are flames shooting out the back it's so rich...and it's not rich enough and for long enough to wash oil off the cylinder walls. And if the computer gets "confused" for a second...let it...it can handle a lot more than a slight rich condition every once in a while...it learns to correct to some degree. So stop acting like kids and calling people names who like to blow to the atmosphere....it only makes you look like an ass.

I never said if you vent you should be banned, I said if you thought it was smart to vent you should be banned. And I will not name call over the internet, if I want to call names I will make sure it's to there face. And I think you just called people asses in your post:confused:

Mike

Originally posted by OMN_DSM
And I think you just called people asses in your post:confused:

Mike

Yah, name calling for reasons that aren't anything to get soo excited over does make people look like an ass....and I'm sure others will agree with me that on any board people who come and talk trash on other's ideas deserve to look like one.

I agree with you, but if you are implying that I was talking trash go back and read my post carefully. I won't waste anymore space arguing this because it is way off subject, if there is somthing you would like to get off your chest feel free to email me. I'm not the internet forum arguing type.

Mike

I own a 1g and i dont vent to the atmosphere... you should see the ass on the girl im going out with... w0w :D

Originally posted by ndmracing
Everyone knows it makes your car idle bad, die when the rpms drop and run rich causing backfires in between shifts. So stop acting like kids and calling people names who like to blow to the atmosphere....it only makes you look like an ass.
Yeah and when their cars buck and stall I'll point and laugh and call them an ass. Sorry you guys don't feel the same way. It makes you look so bad. PSSHT...bang buck stall! HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back