1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Vacuum/MAP Issues

Posted by Uncle Jacks Hands, Sep 11, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Uncle Jacks Hands

Uncle Jacks Hands Probationary Member

Joined Sep 10, 2019
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    So I have been looking through my recently purchased car, and I am noticing a lot of weird 'modifications' I don't trust or fully understand. I am having issues with vacuum lines and my MAP. I will attached some pictures from my phone shortly. Basically, the MAP has a vacuum line attached to something that I do not recognize what it is. Is this vacuum line location ok? If it isn't, I know where to tap the MAP into, but where do I replace the line to the part I am unfamiliar with? Also, I took a few pictures of lines deleted and wanted to confirm they are ok to be deleted. I attempted reading the 1g vacuum line diagram and didn't understand it. Any help would be appreciated, bought the car the way it is and trying to bring back some glory.

The first image if they stayed in order is the map and it's line, second is where the line ties into, it is behind the intake manifold under the cables. The rest are lines I have questions about their functionality, including if one needs to tie into the BOV. Thank you again.

Attached Files:

Street Build 106  2

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    Can u get sum better images. Idk if your phone is from 1899 or just bad lighting. Better images should help us help you better.

4K  14  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM
  3. Uncle Jacks Hands

Uncle Jacks Hands Probationary Member

Joined Sep 10, 2019
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Haha yes I understand. I broke the camera in training. I will borrow another phone and get updated pictures tomorrow. Thank you for the response.

Street Build 106  2

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    Upon further look. I can tell u that pic 3. The hose from the Intake manifold goes to the top vacuum port on your bov.
    Other than that I cant tell so quote me when u upload better pics please and I'll try to help.

4K  14  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM