The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Update: New 16g 2g fwd results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickens

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2003
Southern California, California
Was at the track on saturday w/ the new mods (i.e. fidanza flywheel, SS valves, stock rebuild, act 2100, BM lsd)

Previous best 1/4 mi. ET 13.851

I only ran three times last night and didn't manage a single clean pass.

1st pass - Something went wrong as soon as I went through the water box and the engine died. Fired it back up lined up and proceeded to spin out the hole thanks to wet tires.

14.207 @ 105.88 mph

2nd pass - Get out the hole okay, barely manage to stick 2nd gear, go into third and then POP... blew off an intercooler pipe. Coasted half the track.

14.4 @ 89 mph (however my 1/8 mph was really strong, 87 mph.)

3rd pass - double clamped the IC pipe and drop the boost to 22psi from 23psi. Get out the hole good, stick 2nd gear real nice, slam 3rd, hit 4th and then POP...blew off IC pipe again. Coasted the last 1/8 of the track.

13.6 @ 98 mph

Overall, I was impressed when I seen I still ran a 13.6 w/ no motor for part of track. Beating my previous best run ever by 2 tenths. I'm confident that run was shaping up to be a 13.4ish @ 109 or so.

I was on my 18" street tires, VP 110, and 22-23psi. The small 16g is just an awesome turbo for fwd.

The lsd insert seems to help a little, but there is still no traction until the end of 2nd.
LSD insert rating: I'm glad I didn't spend an arm and a leg for it, but heck, I guess it must help a little.

sonds real good. keep that ic pipe attached and then see what you run. Are you still running with your wastegate mod? I'm running a small 16g as well and trying to tune but my boost creeps horribly. Do you still make the mod that opens the flappr all the way? I need one bad.
Andy

I need to figure out how to post pictures for you guys. I don't want to start another thread to have it closed. PM me and lets keep this thread about "Track" stuff.

u dont have any fuel mods posted in your profile but im assuming u do since youre boosting at 22-23psi. u dont have that many mods and still manage to pull mid 13s with a small 16g. im going to put on my b16g this weekend..this really gives me hope :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back