The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project Goodwill Update - 11.83 FWD 14b

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally a project FWD, tired of only seeing the AWD's with the 14B. 11.8 is one hell of a time for a FWD, espcially with the 14B, I wonder is it is possible with a 2G, would be intresting.

94TSIAWD,
Do you think the springs helped with the 60'? I'm not getting that great of 60's and i'm still on stock suspension. One run my front tires were smoking off the line after my weight transfer. Think some eibach's might be my next mod. Thanks
Travis

i'd guess the slicks helped more than anything

Gooberlog said:
94TSIAWD,
Do you think the springs helped with the 60'? I'm not getting that great of 60's and i'm still on stock suspension. One run my front tires were smoking off the line after my weight transfer. Think some eibach's might be my next mod. Thanks
Travis

Travis,

The springs made a huge improvement. We are able to go from 1.89s-2.00 consistently with one 1.80 and one 1.79 to consistent 1.73-1.75s with one 1.674! Thats a good improvement for a set of $39 coilovers from Ebay.

Thanks for the congrats from everyone!

..........very nice! 1.67 60' is killer....my best is 1.65...............and you have matched my best 1/8 at 7.67! Keep up the good work!!! Congrats on the new 14b record of 11.83!

Phil1320

94TSiAWD said:
Travis,

The springs made a huge improvement. We are able to go from 1.89s-2.00 consistently with one 1.80 and one 1.79 to consistent 1.73-1.75s with one 1.674! Thats a good improvement for a set of $39 coilovers from Ebay.

Thanks for the congrats from everyone!

That is one hell of a project going on there.....I'm gonna have to check in on this.....I'd love to hit at least high 11s by the end of the year myself. :)

Thanks again everyone! We will keep chipping away at our ET. Since we don't want to shell out cash for a big turbo, we will probably run this one at least through the year.

On a side note, our biddies built an 89 colt with a completely stock 90 DSM drivetrain and have run 11.91 @ 112 with a 7.59 1/8th!

I can definetly vouch for how much a good suspension helps with good 60's. this is an old slip of mine from a 7.90 run in the 1/8th. I've been running 7.7's now. And if you saw my 12.1 quarter mile slip you saw my 60 foot on it was a 1.72. I blame that on my first run ever at that track and the damn burnout box was a swimming pool with no drive around. So That 12.1 will fall next time out, without a doubt!

But back on track, I run a super stiff autoX suspension setup, so not much momentum is lost, hence my low 1.6 60's.

Jose
ArcticTsi
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

wow mad props to you guys thats a great accomplishment to be proud of especially for the amount of money you spent. my total costs so far are 4885$ but i only run 13s :( and trap ALOT lower than you did..... 117 mph OMG

Turbo Monk3y said:
wow mad props to you guys thats a great accomplishment to be proud of especially for the amount of money you spent. my total costs so far are 4885$ but i only run 13s :( and trap ALOT lower than you did..... 117 mph OMG

Your car is a daily driver though. Nonetheless its an incredible accomplishment. Congrats.

I also read in a Ford magazine about a Foxbody 5.0 running 9's for under 5K including the car. Turbo power of course.

-Groomz

Thats pretty impressive, for those cheap coil overs to be that effective! I just might have to pick up a set. I primarily want to lower the front of my car anyways, so that might be just the ticket. Thanks

94TSiAWD said:
Thanks again everyone! We will keep chipping away at our ET. Since we don't want to shell out cash for a big turbo, we will probably run this one at least through the year.

On a side note, our biddies built an 89 colt with a completely stock 90 DSM drivetrain and have run 11.91 @ 112 with a 7.59 1/8th!

Awesome! Way to go with the Goodwill project. I met Ricky with the 1.6 in his 90 just a couple of months ago in Houston. I rebuilt him a tranny to get him home to Florida a few weeks back. He told me all about the Project Goodwill. I say keep knocking it out and good luck. I finally got my shop car to the track we are happy with the times so far but are looking for better ET's.

Tell Ricky I said whats up?

DEA

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back