The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

tuning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnewton1974

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 21, 2009
middlebury, Indiana
I have an gst with a 2.3 stroker motor, i plan on buying 880 injectors for it. what im not too sure on is the actual tuning of the car. i was told that i need something like dsm link in ordder to tune it. well im on a very tight budget being disabled and not allowed to work. i found on ebay an V1 5 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 CAR CAN BUS USB Auto diagnostic interface scanner. it says in the discription that it will read and clear engine codes. it also says that it can mess with the short term and long term fuel trim. not sure what that means but im looking to be able to tune with and was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this product. thanks for any help. would love to be able to drive my car like i stole it instead of borrowing it.LOL

Right, but that's true with either tuning solution once you've made the swap, correct? Using ecm link doesn't get around that does it? I'm not familiar with this swap myself but I thought that was the case from the reading I've done.

Just as said above, you can choose link and there is a check box for non 95-96 cam angle sensor to invert the signal. This way the plug wires still need to be swapped, I have mine this way 0 issues and with the 6 bolt swap Magnus conversion harness. Kiggly also sells a 6 bolt swap trigger sensor which is a much more expensive then the other method and I don't know how much better this is as I never heard reviews on it.

Right, but that's true with either tuning solution once you've made the swap, correct? Using ecm link doesn't get around that does it? I'm not familiar with this swap myself but I thought that was the case from the reading I've done.

On ecmlink if your using a 95 ECU in a 97-99 you just check the invert CAS box and swap the plug wires. If you have a black box ECU in a 95-96 you have to switch around the injector pins which seems to have mixed results for some people or change your CAS to 2gb style (which would also require replacing the or drilling cam) or use a 1g CAS.

Thanks for the info everyone. That might be something we can add to our software as well through a patch but I'll have to spend some time digging around to understand it a bit more.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back