The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink trying to tune with 650 rp injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fncrazy

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2012
maple shade, New_Jersey
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks? Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?
no leaks
2). Verified mechanical timing?
yes
3). Verified base timing?
yes 5 bdtc
4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil:stock
Wire brand and Age: ngk wiresnew
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap: ngk plugs .28

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1:150
Cylinder 2:150
Cylinder 3:150
Cylinder 4:150

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: new
Throttle Cable: yes
TPS: not shown on v2
BISS: cant find on v2

7). Compression ratio
stock
8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
no
9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
no
10). Electrical system
Car off (not running):12.6
Car running:13.8

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure:stock 37 psi I think
Injector Size (cc/min):
650 rp
12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: glow shift
Calibration Date:
9-16
13). Type of fuel
Type:93
Percent of Ethanol:10

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?
many times

need help. Finally got the car to run better today but all she wants to do run rich.. and you will see that in the readings... I keep trying to a just dead time and the maf but just cant seem to get it right. Im about to go back to my stock injector and see if that helps but if I can get some guidance on here I want to keep the 650's in there... I also went to a 2g maf and dsmlink all at once. so here are some of the reading hope this helps just tell me what else you need and I will get it thanks in advance. it also bogs down with any throttle and at times will stall when coming back down to an idle.

Attachments

• log.2015.09.16-02.elg 2.elg
    4.8 KB · Views: 49
  • log.2015.09.16-02. running rich.elg
    2.9 KB · Views: 40
  • log.2015.09.16-03.elg
    8.2 KB · Views: 38
  • log.2015.09.16-10.elg
    6.7 KB · Views: 31
  • log.2015.09.16-09.elg
    4.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Ok so I post this in the wrong area and get three people telling me I posted in the wrong area.. I'm asking what I have or did wrong with my tune and nothing. Not even hey start here. How do I get help post this agian in the wrong area at lease I got some answer. Thanks

looks like your idle control valve doesn't work as it shows 0 and changes in different logs from 8+. It should be at 30. Also you may have to much deadtime according to ecmtuning site 650s have around 200 or so.
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/baseinjectordata
Now I'm unfamiliar with v2 so I'm sure what you can do or not. However, you should run a tps adjustment if you can.

Thanks man I don't think I can change the tps with v2 if I'm wrong someone will let me know I hope. Some of the logs I may have turned on the tps setting to simulate the reading. But thanks for the help I thought I had the dead time but I will try that. Thanks agian just needed a fresh set of eyes.

Wally 255 with a fuel lab fpr and I do have a wideband waiting on the harness to wire it in. The WB right now is at full rich 10.0. I appreciate the advice. But I'm stuck with v2 for now til I can get it running better so I can get it home. That's all I really need then I can fine tune it and get v3.

Play with your Global. Write down what it is now and vary it up or down considerably and just see what happens, you can always change it back. I had to play with mine when I switched over to E85 this weekend and I did it while it was running and driving. Just know where you started so you can change it back. Did you use the injector calculated values? Sometimes they are close and sometimes you will have to play with it a bit or I did. Just giving you some idea's is all.

Good question Tony, I don't know what can be tracked with V2.

Last edited:
The tps is there I think but it shows no value. I did use the calculator and have been playing with it. Where I have it seems the best idle. It I move it off 210 and go up it starts running like shit but I will keep trying. And to the other values I thought I got them all but I will try agian thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back