The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General Trying to tune friends car please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8er07999

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 30, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Ok my friend as a highly moded 1g that is slower then my nearly stock 2g.

My mods list is: Apexi N1 CB.

His mods list is: ARP Head Studs, Small 16G Turbo, MBC, Dejon Intake, K&N, 2G MAS, Dejon UICP, Dejon LICP W/Compressor Outlet Pipe, 7CM Ported 2G Exhaust Manifold, Evo III O2 Housing, 3" Magnaflow DP, No Cat, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust W/4" Tip, Rewired Fuel Pump, 8mm Accel Wires, BPR7ES's, Prothane Motor Mounts, SS Clutch Line, ACT XACT Flywheel, ACT 2600, 4 bolt Rear, B&M Short Shifter, SAFC II, VDO Shift Light, Autometer Boost, A/F Guages, 2G Pistons on 1G Big Rods, Balance Shafts Removed.

And I beat him! Can you believe that!

Anyway we can't figure this out. We got it to pull pretty hard now and I am sure he would beat me but it's still not anything special we both know that. Oh and we just installed Walbro HP 250. So we logged it and he's getting serious knock once the boost creeps to about 17 (it's set at 10psi). And right then we shut it down.

We set the SAFC from 4900 to 7000 (where it starts to knock) at +50% in hi-throttle position and he still gets knocksums up to almost 30 before we shut it down.

The 02 is stuck at 0.89v under WOT so could this be rich knock? All other times 02 operates normal. Or is 02 sensor bad and giving us false results? (he ordered a new one from mitsu today). I was watching timing at WOT and its like 8 BTDC.

Is that right?
Shouldn't it be firing like 20 BTDC?
What does this indicate?

Is this the reason why he's so slow?

well im seeing a combination of problems: a 255lph fuel pump with no AFPR, and the afc set to +50 OMG that should not be that high at all, lower that correction factor ALOT and you should see much better results by leaning it out. Hope that helps

justin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back