The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Tried grinding,polishing block oil passages

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g4ebguy90

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2011
Rockford, Illinois
Well i had this idea of grinding the oil passages for a nice smoother look.... Well... me being a idiot.

I told my teacher what i wanted to do, he gave me i believe a carbide bit.

So i put it on my 90-degree die grinder and went to work....

well, i took some of the little bits that i could and then i really got into it, and started taking a lot off, ### the surface was really bumpy...

Well after i was done i noticed that i kinda of got the bit to close to the oil passage walls and at the top of most of it, theres a 45 degree angle now were the bit hit it and made it wider then the rest of the passge not bu much im talking like a millimeter, but its still wider a bit then stock now, Im just concerned with the gasket sealing it like this now, i dont see why it wouldnt but... idk im just worried

hopefully u guys have a idea what im talking about.

ok i will tomorrow, but by then ill ask my teacher, like i said if u look at the block were the oil pump goes theres 2 big passages, i grinded them. And now the top of the passage is just a hair wider now ### the bit grinded it a little, its not like its huge, just like a MM, idk i will put up a pic ### its hard to explain.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back