The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Transmission Removal (Stuck)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdabishop

Proven Member
Nov 9, 2012
mesa, Arizona
Transmission went out awhile ago and got all the bolts off and the tranny is almost out but seems to be stuck on something and wont go anywhere. Is there a trick to getting the tsi auto tranny out or am I missing something.

Like I said all the bolts are out along with the mounts.

Be more specific on how it's stuck.

uve taken all bolts ,mounts, the center cv shaft disconnected everything and ## saying the tranny is stuck on the block??? Re-check all ## connection areas make sure there's no bolts mounts or anything that could keep it from moving they don't just stay attached must be something u missed

Probly the same thing i missed when I pulled mine, there is a lil black bracket with five bolts in it that's connected to the bottom of the lower A Arm and the Uni-body. I forgot this and I fought it for probly 30mins till I found that thing. I was an angry dude.

I got those bolts it seems like its stuck on the TC and trying to wiggle and pull wont do anything.

So u removed the dust sheild and manually turned the engine over taking out each flex-plate to converter bolt? How about puttin a 1/2" drive wrench into the crank and turn the engine over by hand and look inside and double check you got all the bolts out

^^^^
I agree with the above statement, check the flex plate bolts, the TC should come out with the Trans. If it is still on the motor you need to jack the Trans back up to make sure you don't bust the Trans pump they are a pretty penny. Just jack it up enough to release the pressure on the TC.

have you tried getting the tranny even level with the engine and try sliding the torque converter over into the tranny with a screwdriver or prybar? or will the converter not slide back and forth at all?

Finally got it out and the new one in.

It took A LOT of prying and was just wedged in. But did help getting everything level

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back