The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Took my 50 trim'ed 98 GSX to the track last night...First timing running it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondgst

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok it was suppost to say "time running it"...but im adjusting my dsmlink and i was thinking about adding another degree of timing thats why i mistyped...LOL ANYWAYS

This is my first time out at the track with the car. It was extremely hot there at KansasCityIR Park today, track temp was at 127* and air temp was about 90* and around 81* when the sun went down. Track was prep'd nicely and lots of people attended...ok onto the good stuff

car was at 22 psi tonight, 2-3 deg of timing was added over base, and some fuel was pulled out of my tune to accompany the 50/50 mix pump/race gas. I had Shell 91 octane (4 gallons) mixed with Sunoco Unleaded 104 octane (2 gallons). Fastest time of the night...

R/T .335
60' 1.840
330 5.347
1/8 8.272
MPH 84.99
1000 10.753
1/4 12.879
MPH 106.08

Had alot left, no knock at all in the runs, should have took away more fuel and added one more deg of timing but, we loaded up and headed home. Ohh well once i finally get away from my stock 7 bolt we might see some better times. (stock intake mani, stock exhaust mani, stock 7bolt...etc...)

Let my know what you think...

yes, stock 2G cams, never opened the motor at all :thumb:

75k on the clicker

Thanks for the input guys, and yes i basically can say im in the mid 12's because on a different run with a lot slower launch 2.1 60' i traped 109.5 so with that and i leaned it out to around 10.8:1 to 11.2:1 im thinking 12.5 or 12.4 should be eaisly reachable plus right now im completely stock cams/intake mani and unported exhaust mani LOL:sneaky:

You probably will gain a lot more MPH once you put some 272/272 combo in there or 264/272 whatever makes you happy. Your motors flow is pretty much maxed out and you probably won't see any big gains until you put those cams in there and do your exhaust better ( PORT THAT SHIT!! LOL).

Thanks, i've been looking at a set of the FFWDconnection.com's 272/272 combo's look alikes to HKS and a DNP exhaust manifold do you think with these two items i should be able to reach a LOW 12 second pass?

The stock exhaust manifold is more than fine....my buddy is running 10s on an unported one. If anything, get an intake manifold. You should be able to do 11s with just the cams or even without them.

Are you sure you weren't knocking up top?

When I had the exact same mods (minus dsmlink) i was Trapping 112mph with 20psi and straight pump. Cams and SMIM and 4 more psi gave me another 8-9 mph.

yeah im sure, dsmlink would have deffently showed it, like i said up top sucked because about 5k on i was running stright 10.1:1 AFR's or close so i wasnt exactly maxing out power:coy:

I would try playing around with some more boost and a good tune with it. If you can afford to run more race gas to avoid the knock, with the extra boost and a nice timing curve you can definitely hit the goals you're aiming for.

Judging by your logs (from the dsmlink forums) you're still hitting about 36-37 lbs/min airflow max, so the turbo is far from maxed. More boost (and tuning) will make the biggest difference for you right now. With that being said nice run!

Hi everyone, im new to the board. Nice run. It sounds like your car is possibly capable of 11's with a better launch and a little more tuning. I am kinda curious to see what your car is capable of on pump gas.

Good runs. Something to shoot for... I ran 12.4@109 on a bone stock 7bolt motor on 17psi with a 50trim. I just had an aggressive tune. Your track was also alot warmer then mine was. I ran that time when it was 59 degrees out. My car loved the cold weather, but didnt really like the heat that much.

BIGDADDYDIZZLE said:
Hi everyone, im new to the board. Nice run. It sounds like your car is possibly capable of 11's with a better launch and a little more tuning. I am kinda curious to see what your car is capable of on pump gas.

Time time in my sig was done with a 50 trim and straight pump gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back