The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

went to the track last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starr

Banned Member
Nov 13, 2003
IndianaUS
well i got my custom exhaust on last week and went to the track last night and ran a 14.7. that's over a full second faster than i've ran before! i know that there's still room for improvment with my driving, my 60ft time was 2.630, i should be able to improve on this i hope, :) but still i'm happy cause, that's a better time than i've ever gotten, and now i'm faster than my freinds 4.6l ford rustang, and that was my personal goal. coming soon is a 14b, custom front mount conquest intercooler, and some 550 injectors, and my freinds 2g stealth fuel pump. woo hoo! go me!

why go to bigger injectors and fuel pump if your only going to a 14B?

Practice your driving better before getting more mods. Your 60ft is horrible!!! If you get more mods that wont improve your e.t if you get 2.6+ 60ft times.

How is that happening. I have read that Stock fuel del system is fine up tp the 14B, Is it the way you have your current set up tweaked.
Just learning OMG

thats a pretty good run IMHO - looks like you got the driving part down pat for the most part. i think somones forgeting your in a FWD

Not bad bro... kudos on your new exhaust and ET.

Tip: You need to pad your launch at about 2200 rpms and not put the pedal to the floor until you hit 2nd. You can get 2.0 launches all day in a fwd if you do it juuuuuuuuusssst right.

2 fingas!

yes i am in a fwd, thanks for the tip on the non w.o.t. on the launch, i had some WICKED BAD wheel hop on that run. i was having such horrible problems with wheel spin i was launching at practically idle and i had 60ft times of like 2.9, so on the 14.7 sec. run, i got into it more and launched at about 3k, and i had a better 60ft time (not much) but i had horrible wheel hop, so bad my gauges in my a pillar were about to fall out of the a pillar, and somehow my wipers got turned on! :) i know i still need a lot of work on my launch, but hey, i'll get there. this is my first fwd car i've tried to race and it sucks!

You should get some prothane motor mount inserts, that will help out the wheelhop. Be careful with the hopping though, it'll screw your tranny up. As soon as it does it.. just let off. Your better off than breakin' $hit, not just the tranny either. FWD's spin easily so pad it in 1st, never WOT. Once your about to shift it into second, nail it!

You are getting much better at driving, but with those mods you should be getting better times. With more practice your 60s and 1/4 will be much better like 2.2's and maybe mid-low 14s. Keep up the work :thumb:
Andrew

I ran a 15.0 bone stock I don't remember my 60 foot time though. Now with my mods I am running constant 14.1s 14.2s with a slipping clutch.

he needs a pump and injectors as a must and a fmic def helps. the stock fuel system cant run over 16psi safely on 94 octane gas on a 14b turbo...well at the track i like to run 20 psi but i cant..you need fuel upgrades

actually after i got home last night, i was wrong on my 60ft times, the 14.7 run was a 2.360 sec. 60ft time. something else i need is some new tires. i'm going bald! oh well, i'm sure the 14b and front mount starion ic will help out quite a bit, but i still need lots of practice, i'm hoping with more practice and the 14b and ic i'll be into the 13's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back