The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Ton of oil on top of valve cover!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^ Same here. All at once.

I can't believe we're still discussing this. It's a valve cover with 6 gaskets. Not too complicated. :|

EDIT: Although, I would like a crack at Mack's post. (I think that's the one I want.) If it didn't take up so much time to explain through words rather than a nice video clip.

holy gorilla grip batman! 16lbs on each bolt!....maybe a combined torque value, but 16 lbs?.LOL Sorry can't get over that, I thought max should be 3. Then again who has a torque wrench that goes that low. LOL

Right on, sarcasm was on a bit there. LOL I only have ever used a regular clicker wrench, and the minimum is 5lbs. I think they are rated 5-80ft. lbs. Thing is I found when I bought mine was the smaller in. wrench cost more?...LOL

16 in. lbs. sounds more like it.

I recently went about undergoing the same problem on my DSM, and on mine it was the valve cover was on too tight! I guess i torqued it too much, and it completely destroyed the gaskets after a while. So i had a nasty oil leak and also oil was on top of the valve cover. The gaskets on these pretty much seal themselves, so be carefull when replacing gaskets.

did any of your guys cars poor out white smoke in between shifts while your VC was cracked or do i have a different problem beside just a cracked VC

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back