The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tips on Uninstalling programs from your PC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhan

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2010
Denver, Colorado
So I've got to make due with a 40GB hard drive for the time being, but something like 37 GB of space is taken up by miscellaneous programs (I'm sure a lot of that space is Win XP).

I have a few old games installed, but every time I go to uninstall them, it doesn't seem to follow through. BF: Vietnam, Ghost Recon, Tiberum Sun, games that take up the space that I need.

I used to have a program called "Destroy-It 2000" that always seemed to do the trick and was like program paint-thinner, but that was years ago.

Apart from wiping the drive and reinstalling Windows, is there any other way to strip these unwanted programs?

Battlefield and Tiberium Sun have uninstallers. Might have to look for them in the game folders though. If that won't work, try Control Panel >>> Programs and Features to uninstall from there. If that fails, try Revo Uninstaller.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit the uninstaller and it immediately says it's done. I can still start the game up and go to the main menu :ohdamn: I think EA Games doesn't really want you to ever uninstall their programs. Even the Control Panel add/remove programs feature doesn't work.

I'll try that Revo Uninstaller tomorrow though. That looks like what I need. Thank you sir!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back