The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Thrust bearing clearance spec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanix565

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 19, 2009
Pawtucket, Rhode_Island
I'm in the process of going through this whole car so i dropped the pan just to see how things look and check crank end play. When the crank is forced to the rear i can fit a 0.08" feeler gauge between the thrust face on the crank and the bottom of the thrust bearing. Not sure if this is acceptable clearance or if i should buy a new set of bearings and put them in.

From what i can find its ok up to .010 so I'm ok for now. Just lookin to see what others think. 0.08 clearance means .04 on each side of the crank so that's not too bad of a gap plus once the oil is circulating it will cushion that a bit but i just want to be safe

thanks in advance guys.

well i checked the clearance between the crankshafts thrusyt face and the bearing so im going to get the same amount of lateral movement either way maybe not as percise but in the ballpark

It's your engine but when you are talking thousandths of an inch the term "ballpark" shouldn't be used.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back