The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Thread pitch bolt size and specification for Reverse Light Switch on Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atuca

Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2007
Central Valley, California
I am eliminating my reverse lights for my race car and want to remove the reverse light switch from my transmission and replace it with a short bolt/plug. I tried the local hardware stores and it appears to be an M14 bolt with a thread pitch of less then 2.0, but every store I went to only had M14 in a 2.0 thread pitch, and no way to measure my threads to be certain to try and order one from somewhere online.

So, my question is simple: What is the bolt size and pitch to replace the reverse switch with a bolt on a 2g AWD transmission?

Thanks.

Attachments

• reverse switch.jpg
    reverse switch.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 914
Solution
according to that website:

Thread Size : 14 x 1,5

I will assume that to mean 1.5 pitch, and that is exactly what I needed! And if it is the same size as the oil plug, even better! Should make it easy to grab.

Thanks!!!

*edit* Just tried a oil pan plug, and it fits perfectly. You are the man!
That's not one I've measured but if you are certain it is a M14 diameter, then an auto parts store would have a M14 x 1.5mm pitch bolt/plug which is the common pitch for that size found on these cars. For example, our engine oil drain plugs (hint, hint).

I can check the size tomorrow if need be, but I'm confident if you try that size you'll be set: MD730979,MITSUBISHI MD-730979 Switch, reverse light for HYUNDAI,MITSUBISHI,VOLVO

according to that website:

Thread Size : 14 x 1,5

I will assume that to mean 1.5 pitch, and that is exactly what I needed! And if it is the same size as the oil plug, even better! Should make it easy to grab.

Thanks!!!

*edit* Just tried a oil pan plug, and it fits perfectly. You are the man!

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back