The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Thoughts on redline

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3VOLUTIONIST

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Hey guys,

So I'm building a 6 bolt for my Lancer GSR (Galant VR4 Engine). And I'm wondering what are peoples thoughts on a safe redline. I'd like to be able to set it to 8,000 if I'm able to. It wont see it very often at all, yes I know it wont make much power there.
Mods concerning RPM limit:
-CP Pistons
-Argo I beams
-King Race bearings
-Dayco HT timing belt
-Deleted Balance shafts
-Upgraded valve springs
-ARP Main and head studs

Don't think I've missed anything..
Basically I'm wondering whether a kiggly girdle would be mandatory if the engine is going to be revved above 7,000rpm.
Thoughts?

I have it (Kiggly girdle) for security and rev to 82-8300 with my limiter set at 8500. You can see my build in my profile.

Mandatory might be a strong word. Will it add strength? Definitely. And that's obviously going to protect your investment when you start putting down power. Same thing can be said about our HLA regulator. In the grand scheme of things these parts are relatively cheap insurance when you're doing a performance build.

Straight from the horses mouth......Sorry Kevin your not a horse LOL. Love your products!!!

Mandatory might be a strong word. Will it add strength? Definitely. And that's obviously going to protect your investment when you start putting down power. Same thing can be said about our HLA regulator. In the grand scheme of things these parts are relatively cheap insurance when you're doing a performance build.

Yes I'll definitely be using one of your HLA regulators :)
Damn AUD-USD exchange rate is craaap at the moment though :(

Only reason I'm hesitant about the girdle is the line honing for the block, I'm not sure what it costs to get done here and will need to ring my machine shop and ask.
(This sort of thing is a hell of a lot more expensive here than it is in the US I believe..)

Also, you may or may not know but I mays well ask.
Will the girdle fit with the Moroso racing sump?

I suppose I should be asking, if money was very tight and you were building the engine, do you think it would be necessary? (I'm a university student :cry:)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back