The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

thinking about buying and selling cars....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gsdohc

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2010
around, Connecticut
so ive been on a job hunt for a while now and having no luck so im thinking of buying and selling cars... tired of having no money so i was wondering if any of you do this or have done this and how it went for you

if some you remeber the 95 civic i posed with the front end damage i think thats going to be the first one i try it on since that seems the most profitable
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/2812690706.html buying it for 6

just make sure the legality in your state, here in colorado you need a dealer license to sell more then 4 cars per year. they don't really do anything about it unless your moving 8+ cars a year.... this can be avoided by having the title signed but not dated when you buy it.

it took me 2 years to find a job in my sh#tty as# town, i finally got a job like a month ago. applying for jobs is pointless, it's all about knowing people that know people that know people....

I've done it, and done quite good.

But mainly I just used the money to upgrade.

For example.

Started with a $550 Hyundai Accent. Sold that for $1350
Bought a 2001 Mercury Cougar for $800
Traded that for my Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, *my old 1g blue one*

I sold that for $1100.0 0and also got a insurance check for $1350.

So yeh

I've bought many cars and tripled the sale.... Its how I get by.

P.S. I wouldn't pay over $200 for that car.

Now I am into selling DSM parts.

yea applying is point less witch is why im thinking of this.... but yea im not planing on buying cars register and insuring them to just sell them im leave the paperwork the way it is from the previous owner just fix and sell... and as far as the law there no going to know because im not going to leave a paper trial that points back to me ( but this honda i might register and drive for a while since i have no car

hes not going to sell it for 200 when he can get 450 from the junk yard.... those cars you got and resold did youhave to put work into it or did you buy as is and resolld as is?

I always drive them for around 3 months, fix what needs to be fixed, then sell it.

I know around here, it's illegal to sell a car with "improper title" meaning not in your name. I went through this whole mess when I got my GS, and the PO never got the title transferred to his name when he got it from his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend or whatever the hell she was. What a freakin nightmare.

and what the civic ad dosnt say its got a lil over 100k and its auto its the ex to and from what i got on the honda forms its got the z6 engine and si tranny and im sure people would pay for a clean honda un molested

I know around here, it's illegal to sell a car with "improper title" meaning not in your name. I went through this whole mess when I got my GS, and the PO never got the title transferred to his name when he got it from his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend or whatever the hell she was. What a freakin nightmare.

yea but that sounds a little diffnt was his ex signeture on the title or did he sign it

yea but that sounds a little diffnt was his ex signeture on the title or did he sign it

yea applying is point less witch is why im thinking of this.... but yea im not planing on buying cars register and insuring them to just sell them im leave the paperwork the way it is from the previous owner just fix and sell... and as far as the law there no going to know because im not going to leave a paper trial that points back to me ( but this honda i might register and drive for a while since i have no car

hes not going to sell it for 200 when he can get 450 from the junk yard.... those cars you got and resold did youhave to put work into it or did you buy as is and resolld as is?

good, just make sure they don't F you and date the title.

auto scrap is $300+ a ton over there? either he is lying to you or you have local scrap prices around 25% higher then the rest of the country
~2500lb car worth $300 in scrap and only about $25 more to a pull a part

the made automatic SIs? i know 88-91 was only manual
edit:
per wiki all civic SIs were manual even new ones aren't available with a slushbox

Last edited by a moderator:
its not a civic si its the ex but from what people said on this honda forum said its got a si tranny idk .... but they said its worth the 6

and as far as scrap price idk think he know alot i asked him if he had a clean title and not salveged the responce i got made my day he said and i qoute " yea its clean i mean its not dirty i didnt drop it in anything its not dirty its clean" haha

i think the ex and si used the same tranny after rereading it this is what one of the peopell said "looks like an EX model with the front lip and possibly a sunroof. that would give it the Z6 and ex/si tranny which is what you want with D series. if the rear quarters aren't too bad, I'd start with an offer of about $500."

Well seeing how you posted in another thread that you only have about $700 to buy a car....It takes money to make money. I have flipped, traded or parted out about 10 cars at least in the last 3 years.

1. you need money to repair the minor things to up the value. (you don't have this)
2. people will notice that the car was just listed at a lower price. your ads will start getting blocked
3. you should register the car into your name. people will get fishy if you are selling a car that does not have your name anywhere on it. The moment i see the title & its not in your name. Everything you just told me about the car is a lie in my opinion & i would low ball from hell and walk away..

You seem very young and confused, have a ton of ideas but can't read & figure things out. (why there are so many post started by you lately asking all these questions to things you can't even accomplish) Get a steady job...I know of 3 places that are always hiring....Fast Food joints, Car Sales & the Military. Quit dreaming about a broke ass cars and save up to buy something that is dependable and can get you to and from work....then deal with something else..I always try to have 3 cars at any given time...that way I have options when one breaks..Ha Ha

its not a civic si its the ex but from what people said on this honda forum said its got a si tranny idk .... but they said its worth the 6

and as far as scrap price idk think he know alot i asked him if he had a clean title and not salveged the responce i got made my day he said and i qoute " yea its clean i mean its not dirty i didnt drop it in anything its not dirty its clean" haha

i think the ex and si used the same tranny after rereading it this is what one of the peopell said "looks like an EX model with the front lip and possibly a sunroof. that would give it the Z6 and ex/si tranny which is what you want with D series. if the rear quarters aren't too bad, I'd start with an offer of about $500."

Honda folks also say that their car with a intake & exhaust has beaten every car known to man....:hmm:

at email response: wow, LOL

BTW i have sold numerous cars that were still in the the PO's name with the title signed but not dated, never had a problem, the only possible problems are:
legal penalties for evading fees? which is why they want you transfer it. greedy...
if you put your name on it.
if the PO dates it.

well im glad you have the money to have at least 3cars at anygivin point btw im 21.. and ive put apps in at all fastfood places and every where that hireing and its a crashed car i fix it up people arnt going to know its the same car with the honda get it for 600 leaves me with bout 80 found lights and hood for 20 leaves me with 60 i think i can pull it off honda parts could be found cheap where im at

edit... i wish that was an email or text response but no it was on the phone i had to hear that with my ears it took everything in me not to start laughing

wow, LOL

BTW i have sold numerous cars that were still in the the PO's name with the title signed but not dated, never had a problem, the only possible problems are:
legal penalties for evading fees? which is why they want you transfer it. greedy...
if you put your name on it.
if the PO dates it.

I have as well...But I have also lost sales because of that fact...AZ has same laws about selling X amount of cars in a year...I just do a title transfer only on the ones I will quick sale....Then a 30 day Temp tags when its time to sale....Always get the emissions done on them and working AC. those to things alone will make your car sell fast here.

well im glad you have the money to have at least 3cars at anygivin point btw im 21.. and ive put apps in at all fastfood places and every where that hireing and its a crashed car i fix it up people arnt going to know its the same car with the honda get it for 600 leaves me with bout 80 found lights and hood for 20 leaves me with 60 i think i can pull it off honda parts could be found cheap where im at

edit... i wish that was an email or text response but no it was on the phone i had to hear that with my ears it took everything in me not to start laughing

Serve your country then..Like I said the Military is always hiring....

How you going to pay for the registration fees & insurance when all you cash went into the repairs that you have?

here there is no emissions and nobody cared because about the title, i assume because at the time i did that sh#t i didn't even have a learners permit. so i had a reason not to transfer the cars.

the military is a poor choice with the idiots they allow in, my uncle had a door breaching charge blow while he was placing it up because some moron(sp?) didn't know what he was doing(the only time he let somebody else set up one of his charges).

like i said applying for jobs is pointless, most places just throw the applications in the garbage.... to become a car salesmen you must be bonded(federal law i believe) which cost money and a lot of people can't get bonded for various reasons

Last edited:
thats the problem thats why i might or might not register and just fix her up and resell

and the military wont except me the recuriter that talk with me tried everything but im not "qualified" they wont except me due to past #### ups that wont be named

as far as titles go you can just say its in your one of your parnts name

Things are starting to make sense now...

.... awkward silence... *walks away causally*

most employers won't even hire someone who doesn't have a car.... you could try to get a job doing recon or anything at a stealership, chances are they would be willing to give you a demo if you have a decent driving record...

I will just leave it at that....

alright

.... awkward silence... *walks away causally*

most employers won't even hire someone who doesn't have a car.... you could try to get a job doing recon or anything at a stealership, chances are they would be willing to give you a demo if you have a decent driving record...

i dont think those are hiring either.... and my ct record it good no tickits here my ny record is alright nothing that bad most of my tickets in ny are about 4-5 years old

and what do you mean a demo?

they claim they're not hiring, many places do this just so they don't have to deal with BS, just go in and hang out for a little every once in a while. get tight with some of the employees... it will do 1 of 2 things, annoy them enough get you at he top of there list of future employees or tell you to get lost...
some dealers have free hotdogs, snacks, coffee or cookies too.....

demo: car owned by dealer, typically a used car, they give you demo plates and you can drive it through the dealer insurance.
basically a car they allow you to drive, similar to a service loaner car.

so your saying just go in there ask if there hiring fill out and app and just keep going back and just hang out there and if they have the free stuff just hang out and eat and drink? LOL

basically the best way to get a job without knowing someone.
don't go strait for the food, or eat it all, that's just rude....

yea thats true and im not going to eat all there food hahaha
ill try that

correct me if im wrong but i think you can make more money buying and selling cars then a 9-5 at 8.25hr

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back