The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Thinking about selling my race car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00st3d

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2005
Yukon, Oklahoma
I never seem to have time to finish it and it's been 90% for almost 2 years. It sucks to have all that money invested and not get to enjoy the car... An Evo would suit me much better than a race car anyway.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

$100.00
:D

Thing is, you will never get your money back or out of it, soo at this point why not just drive on? Unless it's really not street car worthy and you now would rather have a street car, in which case part it out and go that route?

Because it's been at 90% for over a year! It needs about $2k and 20-30 man hours to finish it.
I've got a family and a business that take priority and it seems that each time I have the cash to spend on the car something else comes up.. Motor blew in the wife's truck, had to replace that...money gone.. got it saved up again and my oldest daughter needed a car...bought that...money gone... When I have the time to spend on the car, the money isn't there, when I have the money, I never have the time.
This car has been built in my garage and I just can't bring myself to have it finished in someone else's shop.

As far as what it actually needs:
1. finish wiring harness and install
2. build intercooler piping
3. build remaining exhaust to connect dp to alum cat back
4. install windows in carbon doors
5. build seat brackets
6. modify core support to tuck radiator
7. build AN lines for radiator and Intercooler
8. TUNE

I barely drive my Tsi anymore due to various reasons, but when I do it reminds me of why I love these cars over and over again. Anytime I'm in an Evo I just dont feel it. No offense to Evo owners, but I think they're extremely dated and look like a riced up family car (oh wait...), and even though many Evo owners are former DSM owners I think it's night/day. If you're like me and built your car smart the total investment doesn't come close to a new car. I think of mine as my retirement project, a little here and there and if I manage to retire by 45 I'll devote even more time to her. You'd regret ever selling it and you know that. Your blood sweat and tears are in there. As long as you have a garage to keep her in don't ever sell. Personally I plan on dying in my DSM. When the time comes that I find out I have a terminal illness (which will inevitably happen if I live long enough) I refuse to sit and wait for death. Sorry for the morbidity, but my DSM was my healthy obsession for a few years and kept me out of trouble and every time I step in my garage I still stare at her with admiration.
Plus I want to see just how fast I can go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back