The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

(Thermostat) Can anyone tell me what this is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeeric16

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2010
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Hey guys i went investigating to figure out why my coolant temp. gauge isn't working, and i found this thing in the thermostat, it looks like it has 2 1/4" vacumn lines running from it, and one is snapped off. I'm not sure if this is why my gauge isn't working, because the sensor shown in the bottom right of this picture runs to an aftermarket water temp. sensor. I went to napa to get a replacement for this broken one and they gave me the wrong one. Does anyone know what this is or what its for?? Its the top left in the picture

One hose splits into 2, and then all 3 go to what i think is the throttle body? I uploaded a pic for that as well. Please help this has me stumped!!

May have figured it out from my haynes manual while I'm making this thread. Could it be the egr valve?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 0124e1e2ea80a76b1310600872.jpeg
    0124e1e2ea80a76b1310600872.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Your water temp gauge isn't working because the sensor for it is was removed and replaced with an aftermarket sensor driving the aftermarket gauge.

The broken sensor is pretty much useless, I forget exactly what its for but it's not needed, you can pull those lines off and cap them at the throttle body.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back