The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

thermal R&D.... downpipe???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inneed4dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2007
Elkhart, Indiana
I'm just ordered the thermal r&d cat back for my 2g fwd... will the apexi GT 3" downpipe bolt right up to that and look good? what I mean by look good is i dont want the tip of the exhaust sticking out 4 inches from the back bumper because in my opinion thats not too attractive.. no really though I just dont want to have to cut and weld $600 exhaust to a $250 downpipe thats alot of money to risk.. is anybody knows if this will bolt right up and look good the advice would be greatly appreciated if not know one that fits and looks good?

I'm just ordered the thermal r&d cat back for my 2g fwd... will the apexi GT 3" downpipe bolt right up to that and look good? what I mean by look good is i dont want the tip of the exhaust sticking out 4 inches from the back bumper because in my opinion thats not too attractive.. no really though I just dont want to have to cut and weld $600 exhaust to a $250 downpipe thats alot of money to risk.. is anybody knows if this will bolt right up and look good the advice would be greatly appreciated if not know one that fits and looks good?

It will not bolt right up. It's a few inches longer and only mate to Apexi exhaust. You will have to modify the Thermal for it to fit.

It is a simple mod to have a muffler shop mount a high flow cat where the two pipes meet.
I had my local fabricator do this for me.
Thermal cat back with the neck down removed, Megan Racing DP with the neck down removed and high flow Magnaflow Cat installed.

I am running a Thermal cat back with a HKS downpipe. It looks sweet. I did however need to create a tun pipe for mine. If you downpipe has a cat delete you may need to cut it down a little and reweld the flange on to make it the correct size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back