The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Thermal R&D Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboLagg

Probationary Member
Aug 21, 2011
Camano Island, Washington
I have been looking for a decent exhaust cat back for a while and I ran into the thermal R&D but its almost 600 and its only a cat back! I was wondering if there is any other exhaust cat backs or even systems for cheaper which also have the deeper sound? Or should i just save up a little more for the better brand.

I don't know of many cheaper cat backs that will give that low pitched rumble. I am running a tanabe racing medallion It was 1400$ msrp back in the day. Got it for 950 shipped. So consider 600 a steal if you want a low-towned muscle sounding catback at idle. Mine doesnt do any of that popping shit on decel either.

if you want CHEAP get the ebay "N1" catback. ive had this one for years now and i think its the cheapest you can buy for what you get. and it has that Low DEEP tone. Not that raspy sound at all. you might think ebay is bad but there are benefits of their cat-backs:
1) stainless steal
2) mandrel bent
3)less than $150!!
or you can get a custom made one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-1999-ECLIPSE-TURBO-3-CATBACK-EXHAUST-MUFFER-1998-/290599110683?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEclipse&hash=item43a90e881b#ht_6915wt_1006

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want CHEAP get the ebay "N1" catback. ive had this one for years now and i think its the cheapest you can buy for what you get. and it has that Low DEEP tone. Not that raspy sound at all. you might think ebay is bad but there are benefits of their cat-backs:
1) stainless steal
2) mandrel bent
3)less than $150!!
or you can get a custom made one...

1995-1999 ECLIPSE TURBO 3" CATBACK EXHAUST MUFFER 1998 | eBay

i don't mind buying one on ebay at all my first eclipse (rs model) I bought a Megan exhaust from ebay. Worked great other then it being horribly loud. I know there are some which are big no Jo's and others which are fine for quick fixes. I currently have an exhaust leak so I could just buy a quick fix and sell it on craigslist later.

I have a Thermal on my 90 Talon and love it..... It all depends on what you want and your budget. If you really want if save up the money and wait. Just remember some times your luck and other times you get what you pay for!!

this is thd video which made me want this exhaust system :D do they actual sound like this?

I can guarantee it with in person confirmation, here is my buddy's GSX with it installed, it even looks hot installed:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back