The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

the new dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikerice

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2011
savannah, Georgia
ilikerice;152601444 said:
The History
I was at a monthly autocross meeting a month ago and a guy mentioned about an eclipse GSX that has been disassembled but never put back together and has a crap load of extra parts for sale. I wanted to see this for myself. Eventually told us that it was at a machine shop this couple owned.

I talk to the lady up front and her and her husband just lost their son in a street race a couple years ago and he was in the middle of rebuilding this eclipse. This car has too much emotions for the parents to look at anymore and they wanted it and everything with it gone. They asked $2500. I thought "wow.. too good to be true.. "

so i asked to see it and everything that comes with it.. she showed me PALETS of parts, 2 engines in one piece, parts to another engine i could probably put together, extra body parts (fenders, hatch, doors), and a few tubs of turbo parts.

Where am i going to put all this. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, but we do have external garages that can be purchased. I already have 1, and its filled with B16,B20 engines and Yaris parts. I talked to the people at the front desk and they say I can have as many garages as i want, just gotta pay the monthly fees. Sure enough, the garage next to mine was available. I knew this was a sign.

Made a few phone calls to get the money and rushed over to the owners of the eclipse and walked in saying "we have a deal".

Friend from autocross with his f250 borrowed another friends trailer and picked up the car and threw as much as we could in the back of his truck.

The Objective
I want the car to run. Make sure i get all the issues out of the way like, wiring, leaks, check engine lights, etc... I will be turning this into an autocross car. Maybe in the future throw a roll cage in it and a fire extinguisher and take it to the club races.

Set Up
Here are some pics of the parts i have gotten. Step one is basically inventory and organize all parts. This is my first DSM and I have no clue how this is going to work. I will continue doing research on things that i need to get done.

trying to figure this blog stuff out

yes, I have a yaris as a daily driver. I really like it also.. alot of fun to autocross.

Pictures can be found on my profile. I am having trouble making blogs. I cant find where i would "add to current blog" with pictures and updates..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back