The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

the best turbo to run on a 500hp+ build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We buy DSM's for "the best bang for the buck" platform. Its a no brainer, only makes sense to buy a turbo that is also "the best bang for the buck" I have a HX40 closin in on 600AWHP right now. HX40 is a damn good turbo, I just recently got a HX52 big dawg off of a Volvo semi truck, billet 68mm cold wheel, twill scroll divided 16 cm turbine housing on a T5 frame. This will get me that 600AWHP dyno paper garenteed!

For an hx35 to bolt on to all your stock stuff your going to need the bep bolt on housing and you will need a different 02 housing that is setup for external gate! If you run that turbo you will be very satisfied with it!! I ran a 12.1@119 on bolt on housing with a worn out 6 bot with 120psi compression. Spool up is amazing and it pulls great at 30psi!! I am currently building the engine and going with the hx40 in hopes of 550whp!! Good luck!

I own a 96 dodge ram cummins with the hx35. The hx35 is a good turbo. At wot and 30-35lbs it moves my 6200lb truck from 0-60 in under 7 seconds and thats a pretty much stock truck.. And i still use it to tow 9-10k lbs. Im a believer in holset turbos. Not to mention my truck has 230k miles and the turbo has never been rebuilt and ill probably get another 100+ out if it. Ive never ran one in a dsm so i cant vouch for that part.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back