The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

The 1g all motor alternative!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh... I will probably use this engine for drag racing. I do not know how this will affect the powerband. I do not know if it will be a good engine for any of those apps. As far as i know it might only be good as a continuois rpm based engine, for a generator or pump.

if you want to talk about my goals and such email me or PM me. i dont wanna hijack threads, just learn. hope that site helps and ill keep you guys updated if needed

id liek to get this back up there and get some opinions on my current setup and where i should gead to next.

Currently i have a 1gb Eclipse, it was a 7bolt NT/Auto,
First step was to put a rebuilt 91 6bolt motor in it
Current Mods:
-Turbo intake cam
-5spd turbo injectors - 450cc's, with the resister pack
-Stock turbo fuel pump (190? lph)
-Cold air intake, hacked mas, K&N filter. cut the sheetmetal up behind the headlight to flow into the intake better
-Cheap OBX header that is port matched to the head
-Pacesetter cat-back, 2.5" mandrel bent, removed the stock pacesetter muffler, cheap flow-throw
-Cheap adjustable FPR
-1990 Turbo 5spd trans, ACT2100, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, steel braided clutch line, all shit kits, extended slave rod

Im still having issues with it running rich, it seems like, although i havnt installed a air fuel meter or fuel pressure gauge.

I was thinking about maybe installing a small spray kit and running nitrous at the track just for that extra oomph. this car doesnt see much drag racing, mostly autox, and running the twisties

What else would anyone recomend? anyone know what else i should do to try and tune it a bit?

Nick
aim - slowtxdsm

id liek to get this back up there and get some opinions on my current setup and where i should gead to next.

Currently i have a 1gb Eclipse, it was a 7bolt NT/Auto,
First step was to put a rebuilt 91 6bolt motor in it
Current Mods:
-Turbo intake cam
-5spd turbo injectors - 450cc's, with the resister pack
-Stock turbo fuel pump (190? lph)
-Cold air intake, hacked mas, K&N filter. cut the sheetmetal up behind the headlight to flow into the intake better
-Cheap OBX header that is port matched to the head
-Pacesetter cat-back, 2.5" mandrel bent, removed the stock pacesetter muffler, cheap flow-throw
-Cheap adjustable FPR
-1990 Turbo 5spd trans, ACT2100, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, steel braided clutch line, all shit kits, extended slave rod

Im still having issues with it running rich, it seems like, although i havnt installed a air fuel meter or fuel pressure gauge.

I was thinking about maybe installing a small spray kit and running nitrous at the track just for that extra oomph. this car doesnt see much drag racing, mostly autox, and running the twisties

What else would anyone recomend? anyone know what else i should do to try and tune it a bit?

Nick
aim - slowtxdsm

i would either install the auto 390cc injectors OR maybe turn the fuel pressure down...

nope you would have to run 2 tunes...

this is why a wet kit is better. it injects fuel + nitrious so your tune should be pretty close.

edit: i shouldnt say better. i mean "safer"

Are you trying to control your 450cc/min injectors with a N/T ECU?

It would help for sure but the correct thing to do is drop the n/t 240cc/min injectors back in. Without forced induction, you won't ever need anything more then them. So bypass your injector resistor pack and put them back in.

since you brought up custom pistons, slowboy is offering custom pistons too. they've got ties with a lot of different piston manufacturers so they'll probably be able to get you a really good deal.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/shop.php?sid=&cat=4703

you're going to NEED custom pistons (high compression ratio) if you want to make serious naturally aspirated horsepower.

I just happened to notice this thread.

For you N/A guys, that are looking to make a lot of power, without going to turbo, we have had these made:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is a custom 13.8:1 Compression Ratio, 6 bolt piston. It would require a lot of race gas, all of the time, but it's another alternative.

Chris Boone
Slowboy Racing Inc.
[email protected]

Attachments

• 138to1.JPG
    138to1.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,950
If you could trim those pistons down to a 11.8:1, I'd buy a set. A piston like this one might offer a more street/super-street comprimise. Perhaps adding a 0.035"ish thicker headgasket (to the 11.8's) might offer a more streetable 11:1. As well, this piston will still have the option to mill the head(with a standard, or slightly thiner head gasket) to yeild a high-octane friendly 12.5" for big, LUMPY cams... Still on the very edge of streetablity.

Have fun running FI cams, and FI intake manifold on a non turbo car...

How about this go over to Sr20forum.com and look at what they are doing in the NA department

Some of your exberts are way off

2.3 or 2.4 is going to be the way to go, TQ is what a NA car really needs!

More cubes the better.......

There is alot of miss info in here, has anyone ever built a all motor car themselfs?

Everything looks fancy on paper, but talk to people in the all motor drag world and see what they have to say

Well I dont mean to bring this thread back to life but, I had contacted a local speed shop here on the possibility of building my motor. I was told that it is more of a headache if you dont have deep pockets. They also said that it would cost me closer to 20k and wouldnt be a streetable car. Is any of this info true? If so Ill just stay with the normal bolt ons.

Well I dont mean to bring this thread back to life but, I had contacted a local speed shop here on the possibility of building my motor. I was told that it is more of a headache if you dont have deep pockets. They also said that it would cost me closer to 20k and wouldnt be a streetable car. Is any of this info true? If so Ill just stay with the normal bolt ons.

if you wan to go n/a. build up a 4g64 block with a 4g67 head oem "g" cams 4-2-1 header and full exhaust

i've been planning to run an all motor colt for a year now. i've been planning out what i'm going to do and looks like a good idea. i think all motor in a dsm chassis is kinda pointless especially with the weight of them. my gutted turbo mirage weighs 1900lbs

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is a custom 13.8:1 Compression Ratio, 6 bolt piston. It would require a lot of race gas, all of the time, but it's another alternative.
[email protected]

Or better yet and alot cheaper E85 :thumb:

His post wasn't entirely useless. I believe he was interested and angered when a lot of the links no longer works.

Exactly right I still dont know what the previous poster meant.
Why am I here again, well I am about to start on one of the motors and still have not seen any real numbers on HP on here on any of the combos, so far it looks like a 2.3 or 2.4 63 or hyundai head or a 1.8 head with lots of cam may be the deal but where are the numbers and final combos for best perf. not for the st. but for a race motor w/o spending 20k.

I think a lot of the projects were dreams and none came to an ending.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back