1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Talon problems:(

Posted by sakroda, Feb 13, 2019

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. sakroda

sakroda Probationary Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    Hello
    I am still struggling with my dsm:) I had TPS and maf problems i fixed it and there is no error i have checked it via diagnostic port but still i did not like the engine :( idle is not very well sometimes it runs roughly sometimes engine stops i really hate it..I can not start the engine without press the gas pedal:( I controlled the TPS ohms and it does not look problem:) I couldn t fix vacuum lines because i could not find the purge control valve maybe its removed or not please can you help on this pictures...and i can not engage to 5th and reverse also but i can engage reverse gear sometimes:)
    by the my car is talon 1990 AWD manual and swapped to 91..TB,TPS,ISC has changed..

Attached Files:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Crackerman

Crackerman Proven Member

Joined Feb 28, 2018
    Alvord, Texas
    You need to set your boss and idle switch properly. After that you should be golden

3. sakroda

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    can someone explain the picture IMG_8021 what is that?

4. Crackerman

Crackerman Proven Member

Joined Feb 28, 2018
    Alvord, Texas
    It appears to be an aftermarket boost control solenoid.

I meant to say biss before, autocorrect got the best of me.

Also, you have to make sure you have zero air leaks between the maf and intake valve.

A boost leak test, along with properly terminating boost piping ends, and who knows what other electrical Gremlins you will face. Soldering and heat shrink are your best bets to join wires. Lose the electrical tape.

5. sakroda

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    thanks for reply i would like to buy a engine harness but it s around 125-200 dolars normally it s normal price but dolar is so high in here that s why it makes me sad:( but eventually i need to buy it.. i will convert car to original so i got new problem when i press full gas around 5000 rpm, talon was shaking i changed spark plug not cable what do you think about it??