The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

T28 Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
What numbers have you guys put down with a T28 and what did you use to do it? Did you like the T28 or not? Thanks in advance guys. :)

I am having a T25 converted to a T28 so I guess it is just a T28. I did not ask which one he was converting it to. What is the difference?

kspharris said:
I am having a T25 converted to a T28 so I guess it is just a T28. I did not ask which one he was converting it to. What is the difference?

Who did the conversion? There is a difference in performance between the T28 and Big T28.

Generation X used to run a Big T28 at 22psi with a 75 shot of Zex nitrous. PM him, he might be able to give you some info.

Some threads about T28s here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171478
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194742
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222474

PieEyedPiper said:
w00t! 4lbs more than my T-25 at 15psi.
Right, it only goes higher. Most people with the Big T28 have recorded around/just under 35 lbs/min airflow (usually with the FP 17 psi actuator though).

Thanks for all the help guys. Any one else have hard numbers?

From what I've read about the FP Big T28, they make full boost at a hair over 3K RPM and pull all the way to redline. Also they put one on a 99 GSX and at 21 PSI it made a 1/4 mile pass of [email protected] mph. I got some of this info. from extreme psi so just look around and some of these sites will help u out. Also if u dont have fuel upgrades yet u can still bolt it right on but just dont boost past 14 psi. I know this isnt the setup youll be running but it gives u an idea.

B-Dog98 said:
From what I've read about the FP Big T28, they make full boost at a hair over 3K RPM and pull all the way to redline. Also they put one on a 99 GSX and at 21 PSI it made a 1/4 mile pass of [email protected] mph. I got some of this info. from extreme psi so just look around and some of these sites will help u out. Also if u dont have fuel upgrades yet u can still bolt it right on but just dont boost past 14 psi. I know this isnt the setup youll be running but it gives u an idea.
I have still not seen 1 person other than that FP car run a 11sec 1/4 mile with a Big T28.

The fastest car on www.dsmtimes.org with a FP T28 is 12.22, # 114 - http://www.dsmtimes.org/times.php?Header_Type=Type_2g&Page=2.

kspharris - Instead of working backwords, it would help us if you tell what your goals are. We can then tell you if this turbo will take you there or not.

I honestly do not know what power goals I want for this car. I want it to be reliab......yeah right.....anyway.... I would like it to be around 300 but I was just curious what others were making. I know that I am confussing you guys. Thanks and let me know what you think.

Well I thought about it and I guess a more specific question would be what can the T28 take me to power wise? I am using the T28 turbo in my setup. Thanks guys.

Expect to flow ~33 lbs/min give or take a couple (most likely with FP's 17 psi actuator). This equates to roughly 300 whp or just under for your FWD.

The highest T28 dyno number I've seen was Dennis Grant's autox race car. It made somewhere in the area of 350 on race gas with a built engine.

Thank you very much for your responses guys. It is appreciated.

I have a t28 and @ 20psi with an EBC, i'm only logging on my pocketlogger 17.81/lbs. something wrong??? my farts flow more than that. no wonder my car is god damn slow. my 1/4 mile time is slow a F*ck, i'm soon to give up on this car.

on the garrett box # 703529-0002 thats the number ,anyone know the description to that part #??

funguy said:
I have a t28 and @ 20psi with an EBC, i'm only logging on my pocketlogger 17.81/lbs. something wrong??? my farts flow more than that. no wonder my car is god damn slow. my 1/4 mile time is slow a F*ck, i'm soon to give up on this car.
First, do a boost leak test and a compression check - make sure it is not that.

Second, crank it up to 24psi, make sure you look at your timing curve on your logger for signs of knock. If the turbo doesn't seem to hold boost when you set it at 24psi, get the 17psi high pressure actuator that www.forcedperformance.net sells for $99. You have enough fuel mods right now to turn the boost up.

Good luck and let us know what happens. Feel free to PM me if you need any help. :thumb:

When does your turbo spool? Low numbers can often be attributed to loss of boost. Also, you have a SAFC. Be sure you adjust your airflow numbers for that. With 550cc injectors you would still only be at around 21.7 lbs/min airflow, which cannot be correct--thats lower than most T25s. Do the leak test and compression test like DGajre suggested and if that doesn't work pay attention to your boost gauge next time and see if you are losing boost or not holding it.

i'll definately try higher boost. maybe thats what it needs. i have no problem boosting 20psi as is, and its rock on steady the whole rpm range. 22-24 psi should be no problem. i have my safc corrected to -25-26%

i can start boosting very early around 2200rpm.
i have t bolt clamps on all my pipe junctions ,and i have already put them on the tightest tension i can. this is the extreme turbo systems 7" hybrid core system. unless i'm leaking elsewhere, but i would have significant symptoms like the car would bog. car pulls, but doesn't pull like its suppose to on a t28 in my opinion.

anybody have a flow number of the small t28? i would like to compare.

funguy said:
i'll definately try higher boost. maybe thats what it needs. i have no problem boosting 20psi as is, and its rock on steady the whole rpm range. 22-24 psi should be no problem. i have my safc corrected to -25-26%

i can start boosting very early around 2200rpm.
i have t bolt clamps on all my pipe junctions ,and i have already put them on the tightest tension i can. this is the extreme turbo systems 7" hybrid core system. unless i'm leaking elsewhere, but i would have significant symptoms like the car would bog. car pulls, but doesn't pull like its suppose to on a t28 in my opinion.

anybody have a flow number of the small t28? i would like to compare.
You could be leaking from the blow off valve flange/gasket or somewhere else. Do a boost leak test before you turn the boost up.

From what I know the regular T28 was replaced by a better design - the Big T28 (which is why you can't buy a regular T28 anymore.) Unless your turbo is 4 or 5+ years old, you most likely have a Big T28.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back