The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Superlap and Redline time attack rules question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
So I have been reading the rule books and I still unsure if it would be OK to remove the factory lower radiator support on my car and build a new one.

I would be running my car in the Modified Class(redline) or Limited class (superlap).

Input welcome please!

Kevin

Here are the rules from Redline. Tell me what you think.

2-1 Body – Frame
2-1.1 Vehicles entered in all classes must be “production” based vehicles designed to be operated on public highways. Factory built “race cars” built using “tubs” or “bodies in white” will be evaluated on an individual basis and may be permitted to compete as deemed appropriate by Redline officials.
2-1.2 Tube frame chassis are prohibited in all classes.
2-1.3 The entire tub, floor pan, firewall, and frame assemblies including but not limited to the cowl and windshield frame must remain in the stock position and may not be relocated. On unibody cars the frame is defined as the boxed and formed parallel sections running the length of the car. Specific modifications to the tub/chassis will be called out in the class rules. The class rules will allow the only modifications allowed to the tub/chassis unit.
2-1.4 The vehicles general body shape and outline must be largely true to the original stock body shape and outline. Class specific rules will permit the only allowed modifications to the body shape and outline.
2-1.5 Vehicles produced and delivered from the factory with a roof must retain the roof.

2-1.6 Wheel well liners/inner fender liners are not required to be installed. Tabs designed to retain such liners may be removed or reshaped to allow for tire clearance.
2-1.7 Standard headlights and parking lights may be removed and replaced with a plate or cover of identical shape and size of the lens. OEM headlights must be used when lights are required.
2-1.8 Factory built “convertible” cars may be fitted with hardtops.
2-1.9 Front and rear bumper beams may be removed.
2-1.10 Bolt on chassis reinforcement is unrestricted. Class specific rules concerning the penetration of the firewall apply to bolt on reinforcement. The mounting hardware is allowed to penetrate the firewall but cannot be used to retain a reinforcement on the opposite side

Modified class
5-4 Frame and Chassis
5-4.1 All vehicles must have OEM front and rear shock towers in the OEM stock location. Vehicles must utilize the OEM shock towers for shock/strut attachment. Attachment of camber and or castor adjusting devices is unrestricted. The OEM shock towers must be intact and the shock mount must pass through the original hole in the towers. The tower may be modified to install shock mounts, reinforcement or spacers but the OEM structure must remain in place.
5-4.2 Suspension pick up points may be moved a maximum of 1”.
5-4.3 Modifications to the frame and chassis to allow for proper suspension travel are permitted but are restricted to those modifications necessary to accomplish the above.
5-4.4 100% of the factory “floor pan – floor board” must remain in place as OEM. This applies to the “floor pan – floor board” from the front firewall to the rearward edge of the trunk compartment. Modifications to allow for the installation of an approved fuel cell or exhaust routing are permitted.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back