The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Sunroof Slider

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjuice_7

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2010
St. John, Indiana
hey guys my headliner material is coming off my sunroof slider and it looks terrible and some of the old adhesive is falling down off of it. Has anyone else had this problem? and any suggestion of what to do?
thanks

If your going to recover the sunroof slider you might as well do the headliner while your at it..

Not that hard take off old material, sand the glue down..Put on new glue and material, make it tight..Let it cure overnight and put back in..

I would find a good one in a junk yard or in a partout ad. You can also get them new from the dealership still. But it's like $80 per half. I bought the front half new and the rear half from a partout ad.

Just redo it yourself its a pain but you'll enjoy it more LOL.

Im having the same issue. My car is in the shop right now getting the suspension and an alignment done so Im not able to look at it right now but is it hard to remove the sliders?

I believe I've seen a write up on it before. Its not super hard to do LOL.

I did my headliner, sun visors and sunroof sliders for less than $100. Slidders came out by tilting the sunroof and then releasing the tabs. Since this was my first time doing it I just used some headliner material from JoAnn's but next time will probably use some different material.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did my headliner and sun visors too..Probably cost 30 bux..I don't remember it was 4 plus years ago..

Although I have wanted to redo them In black vinal, this time..But last time I went to jo ann fabrics the vinal was ooooober expensive..And I'm sure it will be more expensive next time I got back..

Wow. That's definately a nice job. I did one in black suede about a year ago. It was a pain but well worth it

well my plan is to just pull out the headliner too and do it all in black suede and not put in the visors and oh shit handle LOL, and paint the little plastics pieces. should look good. I just dont know where to get the suede, I took a quick look at joann fabrics and didnt see anything really. Does the fabric have to have like a backing to it or will the glue go through the fabric?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back