The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Sunroof Sunshade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isantop

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Does anybody have pics of the stock Sunroof Sunshade? I bought my car without one and want to put one in (Too bright, and it looks tacky) but I'm having trouble finding one and want to see how bad it would be to make one instead.

Any pics would help, but ideally, I could see it both removed and installed, open and closed.

Thanks in advance!

This what you're lookin for? Can't say I've ever removed it to provide pics of the mechanism.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Untitled by JustChyllan, on Flickr

This what you're lookin for? Can't say I've ever removed it to provide pics of the mechanism.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Untitled by JustChyllan, on Flickr

Part of it, except I can't figure out what happens on the top when the sunroof/sunshade retracts.

I took the glass out and got it tinted super dark.

I've seen that, but:

A: I still want to be able to have light coming through without needing to open the sunroof (Denver winters are cold, to put it mildly), and

B: That doesn't take care of the gaping hole in the headliner.

You could get the factory OEM parts from JNZtuning.com. I got a set last year and I think between the two parts it cost around $50

I keep mine in a cupboard somewhere in my garage. It just seems too dark and gloomy in the car with it closed, so why have it? To be honest, if you think it looks tacky without one, wait till you get one. It is one of the cheapest most rickety things that these cars have...

uhmm i dont have pics right now, and its kinda hard explain how they overlap, but the bottom one push the upper one back, it doesnt retact 100% they stick out like 10%, and as far as i know they were a dealer option, so not all came with them ( it sucks driving in hot days with out them). i'l ltry to get the pics you want tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep mine in a cupboard somewhere in my garage. It just seems too dark and gloomy in the car with it closed, so why have it? To be honest, if you think it looks tacky without one, wait till you get one. It is one of the cheapest most rickety things that these cars have...

You don't want yours? :sneaky:

I came from a car without a sunroof; you can't tell me it's darker or gloomier than that!

uhmm i dont have pics right now, and its kinda hard explain how they overlap, but the bottom one push the upper one back, it doesnt retact 100% they stick out like 10%, and as far as i know they were a dealer option, so not all came with them ( it sucks driving in hot days with out them). i'l ltry to get the pics you want tomorrow.

Thanks!

I'm more worried about cold, sunny days. On hot days I'll usually have the sunroof open anyway. On cold, sunny days, it's too cold to open it and enjoy it, but it's too bright and blinding to have the thing open.

You could get the factory OEM parts from JNZtuning.com. I got a set last year and I think between the two parts it cost around $50

I actually checked JNZ, and they no longer offer the actual shade anymore, just the pins and springs, etc. :cry:

Its easy to remove for anyone that has one but doesn't know how. Tilt your sunroof open (not slid back), and using a flathead screwdriver, push in the "locks" that hold it in place on each side. Then it can be lifted out from the top of the car.

Its easy to remove for anyone that has one but doesn't know how. Tilt your sunroof open (not slid back), and using a flathead screwdriver, push in the "locks" that hold it in place on each side. Then it can be lifted out from the top of the car.

I found one in an avenger at the junkyard. I just removed the glass.

and as far as i know they were a dealer option, so not all came with them.

Not optional. If you have a factory sunroof, you had a shade. An aftermarket sunroof installation most likely did not have a sliding shade.

Ha ha. Mine is peeling, dirty and faded. I'm glad I came across this. I think a new one will still look cheap, being that the roof is covered with that dreaded mouse fur stuff, but it will look a whole lot better then the one I have now.

Hey thanks for the tip! My sunroof shade material covering is very loose while the headliner appears to be in perfect shape. Now I know I won't have to pull the headliner just to re-glue the shade (or get a new one if I can't get the material to lie right)!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back