The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Stumbling, stalling, rough tip in

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratplayer24

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hi guys so going to make this short and sweet. drove the car Monday and when getting into the throttle normal cruise the car was bucking hard. It eventually came to a point where I had no throttle response, stalled as soon as I pushed in the clutch. had laptop and hooked up to see what link was doing and didn't see a problem. Had rpm while cranking, fuel pressure at 43psi. eventually the car fired up after sitting for twenty minutes. Car ran like poop for 2 mintues and then died again this time it didn't fire back up. Had spark, Fuel pressure, rpm while cranking. This time I noticed my EST AFR were going crazy. Some points it went up to 13,000:1 afr. Got the car towed home and of course It fired right up and ran fine. Left it sit in the driveway and idle for an hour+. nothing. have a old green top CAS so I got a Black top CAS and installed. 5* timing using timing light and grounding thru link. took it for a ride tonight while taking a log. finally started messing up after 15 minutes of driving. When it starts to mess up its mostly when I am stepping into the throttle during normal cruise. Had the girlfriend start a new log of when it messed up of going home. Hopefully someone could look at it and let me know whats up. Maybe some pointers. going to remove ECU and look for leaking caps or bad solder joints. if I have to I don't have an issue with sending it to ECMlink for a lookover. totally mind blown by the EST AFRs tho.

1998 GST rebuilt 7 bolt 1500 miles ago. 2150cc injectors. 272 cams. now black top CAS. ECMlink v3. FP Black.
Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• log.2020.08.20-03.elg
    227.9 KB · Views: 27
Try seeing how it runs with the MAF unplugged as a test. I didn't see that you were on speed density so its a easy test for a bad MAF.

Could bring air flow per rev up a hair at idle. Combined FT is little lean at idle and STFT is within 5%. TPS volts is off .02. Honestly i dont see anything that screams wrong, at 152 seconds i see where air fuel est wen nuts. Look at your omni it was reading normal then as you went into throttle it maxed out in vacuum for a second. When it starts doing it your map sensor is making major jumps i suspect maybe its dying? Look at every time the air fuel est. goes wild. You will see under light throttle % your map sensor make huge jumps around. Just look for throttle pos %, speed, and omni in log. you will see when your roll into it what im talking about.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back