The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Stock Radiator Metal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychlow

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2003
Colorado Springs, Colorado
What metal is the stock radiator made of? I have a crack in the top of mine, and I'd like to weld it with my flux-core setup, but I need to make sure it's steel... anyone know?

im sure ita aluminium like every other one. test = put a magnet on it - if it dont stick then it aint steel.

Yeah, I'm at work and just too damn lazy to do the magnet test. :p Just wondering if anyone knew offhand... It probably is aluminum, it's just interesting that I've seen radiators advertised as aluminum for this car like it's something new and exciting....

New! ALUMINUM 1G Radiators!

Etc........... :D

I'll do the magnet test and report back here.

Aha... you know, it's the top part that's cracked... I wonder if it might be plastic.......?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back