The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock 95 gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gini

Probationary Member
Oct 10, 2015
Vallejo, California
so my 100% stock 95 gsx is finally coming back to life after my transmission getting stolen after the clutch got replaced , I'm stuck between keeping my car stock and selling it or going the upgrade path , limited monthly budget to 300-400$ a month where to start ? End goal is just 350-450 hp dd

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 55
Just start with the maintenance, then go do intake and exhaust and link. After that, do brakes and suspension. You can go as fast as you want, if you can't stop or handle the bends then it's just a dangerous situation. But if you end up selling it, pm me.

$300-$400 a month for just upgrades and such... that's actually pretty good. The decision is yours. Step 1 is to get it drivable, step 2 you're addicted to boost and the decision is made... :thumb:

Take it slow is my recommendation. Don't get swept up in the "600 million all wheel horsepower" craze that everyone seems to aim for, only to result in a part-out and giving up. Get the car properly up to maintenance standards, then add small stuff. Intake, full exhaust, boost controller, fuel pump rewire, some gauges. Enjoy it. Save your pennies and pop on a 16G, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and Link. Enjoy 300ish awhp, then see where you want to go from there. Crawl, walk, run, in that order. Too many people try to run a marathon before they can even walk.

so my 100% stock 95 gsx is finally coming back to life after my transmission getting stolen after the clutch got replaced , I'm stuck between keeping my car stock and selling it or going the upgrade path , limited monthly budget to 300-400$ a month where to start ? End goal is just 350-450 hp dd
Start with maintenance. Take it from someone who didn't. You'll end up spending a bunch of money in mods and the maintenance stuff that was doing fine under "Stock" conditions don't do so well under higher hp conditions. Buschur rafcing's website has a nice upgrade sequence to follow. Check them out: http://www.buschurracing.com/upgrade-sequence/dsm-stage0/dsm-stage1/

Its been awhile but engine swap goes in next week i am proud to have kept the car and spent many hours getting it to where it is now, i just hope one day ill be able to finally restore interior and exterior ahahahah

Glad to see you kept it! I just did ALL the maintenance to my GSX I bought in December. Today I ordered a catback exhaust and intake. I'm taking it slow too! By the way, I'm in San Rafael! Not too far. :hellyeah:

Glad to see you kept it! I just did ALL the maintenance to my GSX I bought in December. Today I ordered a catback exhaust and intake. I'm t.aking it slow too! By the way, I'm in San Rafael! Not too far. :hellyeah:
hey man sweet love seeing locals but unfortunately im in the Army stationed in louisiana but will be home next week with my BRZ as my eclipse is waiting for the motor to get installed....... Maintenance maintenance maintenance its the best thing for these cars theyre getting old and too many people neglect them sadly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back