The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

95 gsx transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman272

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2012
San Marcos, Texas
just talked to my buddy who is helping me with my transmission and he says that its grinding 1st and reverse and was wondering if my syncro is going out or if i got a bad trans... and if it is a bad trans how do i tell the differance with the splines and any one got a lead on where to get one?:banghead::notgood:

A good way to tell if its your synchros is if its grinding while shifting,if there are no other issues other than grinding while shifting, then most likely you have worn synchros.

it only grinds when im at a stop and shift in to 1st or reverse. if im rolling and down shift in to 1st she does fine. but if i shift into 1st at a redlight or something she grinds. just put in new clutch soooo??????

I'm sure you've tried this but did u try pumping the clutch pedal before going into first from a stop possible air or messed up throw out bearing? Just a possibility

Shift into second before 1st and 3rd before reverse. Ive always done that with all my cars. Stops internals faster and keeps wear off the two. Higher gear at idle is less wear

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back