The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Starter clicking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyky819

5+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2018
Otis orchards, Washington
Hey everyone, I’m having an issue where my starter is clicking on my car.
Things I’ve done so far:
Batt12.56v
Starter 12.56v
Relay replaced with jumper
Clutch switch disconnected
Starter bench tested at local auto parts store
Jump started.

so out of all of that the car still just clicks when you turn the key. The battery is relocated to the trunk but I’ve never had this issues before. This all happened after a pretty aggressive boosted launch. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thank you

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know I ran a 2 gauge ground from the upper starter bolt, cleaned everything up with new connectors and she fires up like a dream!! Thank you all for helping me figure out this incredibly annoying issue!!!

Great! And congratulations - you now have 2 starters just like most of the rest of us! 😉

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know I ran a 2 gauge ground from the upper starter bolt, cleaned everything up with new connectors and she fires up like a dream!! Thank you all for helping me figure out this incredibly annoying issue!!!
Im currently battling the same issue after I ran my battery in the trunk. Where did you run the 2 gauge ground from the upper starter bolt to?

I would HIGHLY suggest you guys ground your engine directly to your battery. Injectors, sensors, coils etc all need a very good ground. If I had a trunk mounted battery, it would most definitely have a dedicated engine ground. Just my .02¢

Im currently battling the same issue after I ran my battery in the trunk. Where did you run the 2 gauge ground from the upper starter bolt to?
So I just ran it to the fire wall where the horn used to sit. I also have another 2 gauge ground under the back seat to one of the seat belt bolts. Just make sure everything is clean metal on metal and you should be good

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back