The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Start up video of my new Holset HX-52

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea, I'm impatient. And it is a blow through car, so no harm.

Nice to see it running! Guess it wont be long til there are some expressway vids

You have to remember, it is a 1.6L. And it does not have a wastegate tube in it, so there is a large exhuast leak before the turbine wheel. And there is no intercooler pipe. Yea, not enough air going in or out to get her to move. Nicks car moves it good. I think mine will too once it is all done.

I am always up for meeting new people. I do the friday meets every now and then.

Steve, can you give me a link to the video? Videos don't like to play on my computer when they are embedded into a page.

ROFL I just made an almost identical video yesterday except I was running around franticly with my cell phone because I didnt want to let it run too long w/o coolant.
Mine is'nt quite as clean though and I just have an infant 7 blade hx35. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4jwmXuIAB0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4jwmXuIAB0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I tried to link it. Maybe I am retarded, but there are no other links on the options. Dsmtuners imbeds them automatically. Sorry. You can search for it on youtube though. Just type in HX-52 or HX52.

They also have the 4G37 and 4G67. Both being 1.8L. And all the hyundai G4xx motors.

The coolant lines run to and from the rear of the car to the 10 gallon surge tank for the coolant. I run around 12 gallons of water in the car. 4 being coolant, 8 being water.

Mile competitions first. Salt second.

That video was hilarious. Thanks, I really try and make it look good. But way more function than looks. You would have to see the whole car to understand. All business. Just no clutter.

It is sean. It has been on the car since last may with the 16g. I am welding an elbow on the intercooler with a 3" leg on the elbow as well. And also a elbow on the turbo itself as well.

Steven

Full boost is seen at 6200rpm in third gear. She is a dog on the shifts, but I am geared really big for LSR stuff. Boy was the drive home last night fun.

Steven

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back