The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Biglady's Holset HX-52 Completed Install Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He used a divided runner manifold. Isolating blowdown from other open exhaust valves with ending exhaust pulses FTW.

Though full boost at 6500rpms with a 1.6L and a huge nondivided hotside is actually pretty good, Steve doesn't need to worry about spool considering his use. Big flow and big topend is all that really matters for his goal.

Right on. I agree that 6500 is good on a 1.6L for a turbo anywhere in the neighborhood of that size, and especially on a non-divided setup. I guess I'd just not really heard a definitive spool rpm for a divided setup with a HX-52, and it just seems quite incredible that you could spool a turbo well before 4500 on a 2L and still have enough airflow available for 700+whp without a sophisticated VGT system.

These Holset and BW turbos continue to impress me every time I read something new about them.

Take one for a spin. THEN you'll be really impressed. Imagine that early boost with much more VE. Not only do you have fast spool, but the aero tech there that still maintains high flow through the turbine wheel. It takes slow moving, cold, bumbling, thick diesel exhaust gases to cause a company to look for better ways to increase turbine wheel efficiency.

My car runs a stock unmodified Revhard manifold and stock unmodified divided 18cm housing.

The intercooler is from siliconeintakes.com

It might be. It is bolted up to the car now so I can't tell. The numbers are on the inside of each inlet of the housing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back