The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

SSAutochrome O2 housing. Here we go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The angle of the WG return on all of those housings is just horrible. Let's shoot our WG gasses into the main exhaust flow at an almost perpendicular angle, yeah that's a great way to reduce turbulence.
If you want it routed back in you're much better off just porting an EVO3 o2 housing. It will outperform all of those in terms of flow.

NDgsx said:
The angle of the WG return on all of those housings is just horrible. Let's shoot our WG gasses into the main exhaust flow at an almost perpendicular angle, yeah that's a great way to reduce turbulence.
If you want it routed back in you're much better off just porting an EVO3 o2 housing. It will outperform all of those in terms of flow.
outflow a 3 inch because of the return? Isn't the evo 3 only a 2.5

Hopefully I'll get to test the ssautochrome o2 housing this weedend once I get it on. Ill report back after everything is together.

NDgsx said:
When the WG is open yes. The EVO can be ported VERY close to 3".
where can I find a decent 3 inch O2 then, most ive seen are very similar to the ss autochrome piece as street surgeon already pointed out.

Wow it's finally out, I've known about this perticulare 02 housing for a very long time ,but it supposedly was only being sold to a select few ,trial runs I guess. I since never heard of it again until I stumbled unto this thread.

I am baffeled with poeple asto the lengths they would go as to not get their hands dirty.
I would personally suggest to everyone to make their own o2 housings.

Buy a ss flange from rre and some ss exhaust pipes , take 20 minutes line everything up and then get it welded. Nothing and I mean nothing beats custome made and tailored to your specific wants and needs.

I built my own o2 housing just like I mentioned above all for a fraction of the cost of everyother housing on the market. P.s Mines a 3 inch o2 housing.

For those of you willing to make your own 3inch versions ,the only advice is make the wastegate return pipe as small as possible and grind/angle the wg pipe first then outline then cut .

Ok enough said this should be easy for most diy'ers. Good luck with the reviews ;)

FP makes some really sweet 02 housings. I bought a full 3" V-band housing from them, but sold it when I bought a full garret setup.
It is pricey, but everyone always says you get what you pay for.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

so what shte consensus

SS autochrome OR SS autocrap

definitiveno said:
where can I find a decent 3 inch O2 then, most ive seen are very similar to the ss autochrome piece as street surgeon already pointed out.

Come to Seattle, I'll make you one :thumb:

Seriously though just get an Evo 3 o2 housing and spend some time porting it. I haven't seen any tubular o2 housings on the market that I really like. The evo housing can be ported out a lot and get you the same result in the end.

Okay, now that it was come out that the ssa housing is actually 2.5, can anyone tell me what kind of performance loss/gain you can see between 2.5 and 3 inch?? I have a 3 inch downpipe and plan on going with a full 3 inch exhaust, but what can I expect the difference to be by having a smaller o2 housing.
Thanks

1quik6 said:
Okay, now that it was come out that the ssa housing is actually 2.5, can anyone tell me what kind of performance loss/gain you can see between 2.5 and 3 inch?? I have a 3 inch downpipe and plan on going with a full 3 inch exhaust, but what can I expect the difference to be by having a smaller o2 housing.
Thanks

It really depends on your setup, but in all honesty, you really dont need a 3" o2 housing unless your making over 450hp. In that case, its still questionable.

NDgsx said:

Seriously though just get an Evo 3 o2 housing and spend some time porting it. I haven't seen any tubular o2 housings on the market that I really like. The evo housing can be ported out a lot and get you the same result in the end.

That thing looks amazing, I love it. I would buy one off you if I wasn't running my O2 dump off my wastegate. :cry:

NDgsx said:

how much are you goin to charge me for a 2.5 recir o2 that feeds to the stock location??

Well I purchased one of these:

First impressions were pretty good, the welds looked solid, the took the time to grind down the inside, flanges were thick.

However, when we tried to bolt it on to a Bullseye Power V-Trim (T04b) turbo, it simply would not line up properly. Could get all but one bolt no matter how you tried positioning it. The stock O2 Housing bolted up fine.

I'm sure that if we drilled out the hole a little bit it could still be used, but what a pain!

I'll let you guys know how it is once I have it on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back