The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G SS t25 oil feed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
I'm in the process of swapping my t25 in and replacing a few other things. I have a SS oil feed kit from extreme PSI and my question is do I remove the factory feed at the oil pump and replace it directly with the SS line or am I supposed to plug that and install it in another location? Just need a little guidance

You should run the SS line same as the OEM. Mitsubishi designed the oil feed this way for the T25 so no need to change anything.

You should run the SS line same as the OEM. Mitsubishi designed the oil feed this way for the T25 so no need to change anything.

Okay cool thanks man. It came with a crush washer but I don’t see where it would go? Nothing meets a surface, everything just screws together

You'll need a .075" restrictor somewhere in the line if you're removing the hex adapter from the filter housing to thread in a 4AN adapter. These turbos are not designed to be fed unrestricted from the filter housing.

You'll need a .075" restrictor somewhere in the line if you're removing the hex adapter from the filter housing to thread in a 4AN adapter. These turbos are not designed to be fed unrestricted from the filter housing.

Well I bought the SS kit from extreme psi and chose the t25 option so I assume they would include everything I need for it to be ran right? I could be wrong but I thought since I chose the turbo they would give me everything I needed

Well I bought the SS kit from extreme psi and chose the t25 option so I assume they would include everything I need for it to be ran right? I could be wrong but I thought since I chose the turbo they would give me everything I needed
More than likely it will be unrestricted...and you'll soon find out why sending twice as much oil pressure and volume through a used turbo with a fair amount of mileage is a bad idea.

More than likely it will be unrestricted...and you'll soon find out why sending twice as much oil pressure and volume through a used turbo with a fair amount of mileage is a bad idea.

It’s rebuilt if that helps.. but thanks I didn’t know glad I got on here before finishing it all up.

That kit will need a restrictor, like Justin points out, if you run it from the OFH to the turbo.
Some do not need it but yours does.

The only thing that would need thread sealer on it would be the BSPT adaptor that screws into the OFH. After that, everything is sealed with the AN fittings or a banjo bolt.

The only thing that would need thread sealer on it would be the BSPT adaptor that screws into the OFH. After that, everything is sealed with the AN fittings or a banjo bolt.

Okay thank you, how about the fitting that goes into the turbo itself?

Okay thank you, how about the fitting that goes into the turbo itself?
Nope, it has a banjo bolt. Copper/brass washer that seals it. It isn't a tapered thread.
I run something like this but better quality materials for the turbo connection but what you have should seal down on the oil feed on top with the crush washer then the AN fitting on top of it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nope, it has a banjo bolt. Copper/brass washer that seals it. It isn't a tapered thread.
I run something like this but better quality materials for the turbo connection but what you have should seal down on the oil feed on top with the crush washer.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mine is not a banjo like that, and the fitting also does not go for enough to seal with the copper crush washer it came with. However the turbo I’m taking off is sealed with a crush washer so if it fits I may just use that fitting. Not sure why the one they sent me won’t fit all the way down

Matt, I would look into that type of fitting, but check your thread size on the turbo for the correct fitting size. Its possible it could be different. Justin can line you out on the different fitting sizes for the feed. He'll prolly chime back in. He's the site turbo guru :)

Matt, I would look into that type of fitting, but check your thread size on the turbo for the correct fitting size. Its possible it could be different. Justin can line you out on the different fitting sizes for the feed. He'll prolly chime back in. He's the site turbo guru :)

I mean my water lines are banjo of course, but you recommend that also for the oil feed? I’ll double check everything. I might as well have made my own kit at this point haha. I thought it would have been a direct swap but it’s not turning out to be

Sometimes we all have to make stuff that works. If you contact the vendor, they can steer you to the correct connector too. We have good vendors on here that are knowledgeable of our cars. I deal with them all the time since I'm building 3 6 bolts right now.
The direct shot fitting will work but it may be the wrong size is what I'm saying. :thumb: Stay with the same size AN line size tho.​

FWIW, we've ran turbo's without the coolant lines when we had a leaky CHRA, just have to let the turbo cool before shutting her down. That was a FWD Spyder Auto car that ran 11's. But always oil it correctly. :)

Sometimes we all have to make stuff that works. If you contact the vendor, they can steer you to the correct connector too. We have good vendors on here that are knowledgeable of our cars. I deal with them all the time since I'm building 3 6 bolts right now.
The direct shot fitting will work but it may be the wrong size is what I'm saying. :thumb: Stay with the same size AN line size tho.​

Thank you for all of the help and info so far I really appreciate it. I just got an email back from extreme. They said they do not recommend running a restrictor on any journal bearing turbo. He also said the factory garret turbo is unrestricted, the flaw I see there is the turbo is restricted but it is restricted at the OFH from the factory.

Well Matt, you have to remember that a "factory" install has the oil fed from the head so it is already restricted. If you run off of the OFH, it is the same pressure as the bottom end see's, which is what Justin was trying to get across. When you start feeding from the OFH, it gets A LOT more volume and pressure so it can wash out the bearings and hurt the thrust surface. I am not the turbo guru, but Justin is mine, and you can trust what he tells you.

Well Matt, you have to remember that a "factory" install has the oil fed from the head so it is already restricted. If you run off of the OFH, it is the same pressure as the bottom end see's, which is what Justin was trying to get across. When you start feeding from the OFH, it gets A LOT more volume and pressure so it can wash out the bearings and hurt the thrust surface. I am not the turbo guru, but Justin is mine, and you can trust what he tells you.

Okay I do trust it just wanted to put out there what I was told from them also. Last thing I need to know is does it matter where in the line I restrict?

Justin if you see this thank you for your time and help as well as the others here on the thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back