1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G SS t25 oil feed

Posted by MasterMatt209, Dec 15, 2018

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Esquire the Bold

Esquire the Bold Probationary Member

Joined Aug 19, 2018
    Covington, Kentucky
    There was a thread posted a few years back showing that both the 1g and 2g have a 0.07" restrictor in the lines from the factory..on the 1g it's inside the banjo bolt and on the 2g it is coming off the OFH.

Street Build 381  3

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    MasterMatt209 likes this.
  2. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Thanks Esquire! Matt it won't matter where in the line but I would do mine closest to the turbo if I were restricting. Thank god a Holset wants as much as you can give them, so no restrictor for me!

Street Build 3K  26

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

242  13

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

356  17

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 510  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  3. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    The 2G always feed the turbo from the oil filter housing. I changed my exhaust manifold which relocated my turbo & I had to switch to a braid oil feed line for things to fit. If I could have kept the OEM hard line I would not have used a braided line. The braid line I purchased screwed into the hex adapter so I was able to retain it & did not need to add a restrictor. It was not from Exteme & was also terminated with 90 degree elbows on both ends. If I read things correctly than I'm curious as to why you are not just using the OEM hard line while you're replacing the stock T25 turbo in the first place.

4. MasterMatt209

MasterMatt209 Proven Member

Joined Jan 17, 2015
    Danville, Indiana
    I’m not using the stock line because someone butchered mine while installing the eBay 16g that is on it now. I wanted to try out stainless braided lines for the feed because when I rebuilt the turbo in my talon it was a bi*** getting the feed back on after the install that’s just my experience. I figured this would make it easier

373  1

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

510  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 849  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    automatic · 2G DSM