The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

SO NEW shop news!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
so my car has been at the shop since monday, they did a new gasket set on all gaskets even head gasket so no more oil leaks :hellyeah: but the bad news, me and the mechanic test drove the car when we got back gear oil was all over the place, so we put it back up on the lift, and now im paying another 250 for them to replace the seals in the tranny, gear oil filled up the transmission housing and started dripping out the bottom well pouring! so they decided it was the seal, sounded good to me, what does DSMTUNERS think??:ohdamn:

Well I assume they pulled the motor when replacing all gaskets! It is common to tear axle seals when installing the axles with old worn out seals on the trans, so very well could be a torn axle seal!

I love working on my own car but didn't have the tools or resources to pull the motor tranny is actually new.

And I don't see what it has to do with the axles the gear oil is coming from the bell housing on tranny, where the clutch/flywheel is. And yes they did have Motor out,

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

What did you do, take it to walmart to fix your car??? They must of really screwed something up to be leaking out the bell housing!!! They had no reason to touch the trans, besides removing it, and reinstalling it! And now its leaking!ROFL

No! Lol it was leaking before just Amit slower ( one reason I took it in ) but they replaced rear main seal and thought it would fix it but it didn't made it worse LOL :(

No! Lol it was leaking before just Amit slower ( one reason I took it in ) but they replaced rear main seal and thought it would fix it but it didn't made it worse LOL :(

You said it was leaking gear oil, so how is changing the rear main seal in the engine going to stop the tranny from leaking?

Sounds like they were both leaking, maybe the dirty oil hid the issue with the tranny since all the gear-oil would be out of the tranny with the axles out. They shoulda checked it anyway. The smell of the gear-oil would have been obvious to any mechanic.

This is the problem I have been chasing for 3 weeks,

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 38
2 giant holes one on top of my tranny and one on the inside I'm guessing is my gear oil problem,

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 40
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back