The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So did i make the right choice??? let me know

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMpwr25

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2004
Gloucester, Virginia
ok, so i have been reading up researching as much as possible. I think the bastard 20g TDO6H with the 34mm Flapper will be my pick. I have read many threads saying it can do 11 sec in the 1/4, but can i still use it as a street turbo and drag turbo at the track. I plan on running 93 on low boost on the street, and c16 on high boost at the track(most of the time :). I have all the soporting mods i just cant decide on a turbo, 11 sec is all i want. also i plan on running stock cams, should i upgrade? what have peolpe picked up with cams on the 20g? I also am trying to stay under a grand. i cant afford a super nice turbo whule trying to build the rest of my car. thanks for the input:thumb:

Eric

Just get an evo3 16g. that is your best option. it can run 11's in the 1/4mile and costs less money. you can pick one up on turbochargers.com for like 460 brand new and that is the real evo3 16g. don't waste your money on the bastard 20g.

DSMpwr25 said:
ok, so i have been reading up researching as much as possible. I think the bastard 20g TDO6H with the 34mm Flapper will be my pick. I have read many threads saying it can do 11 sec in the 1/4, but can i still use it as a street turbo and drag turbo at the track. I plan on running 93 on low boost on the street, and c16 on high boost at the track(most of the time :). I have all the soporting mods i just cant decide on a turbo, 11 sec is all i want. also i plan on running stock cams, should i upgrade? what have peolpe picked up with cams on the 20g? I also am trying to stay under a grand. i cant afford a super nice turbo whule trying to build the rest of my car. thanks for the input:thumb:

Eric

Yes, the bastard 20g is an extremely streetable turbo. 11's are very possible with the right setup and tuning with this turbo. Cams...up to you and your future plans for your car. Will it increase HP? Damn right. 272 cams on a stock motor can press upward gains in the 30 HP range.

However stock cams can work with this turbo. The bastard 20g on a stock motor can reach full boost by around 3,800-3,900 rpms. Hope this helps! :rocks:

If it was me I don't think that would be a turbo I would go with. Im sure it is a great turbo but with the larger 20 g wheel stuffed into a 16g housing your not going to get the same effiency as a true 20g. It depends what your looking for. Like someone had said the evoIII is a great turbo and on for 460 @ turbochargers.com. You could use the extra money for any supporting mods you need to run it properly or add a set of cams etc. If your looking for something bigger why don't you just go with a 20g or some sort of 50 trim as they are in the same price range. Those new dual BB PTE turbos seem to be getting some good reviews and are still well within your budget. Just my .02 cents.

Edit: Just looking at your profile. You need to add some fuel, some sort of controller & a logger before you go slapping a larger turbo on :thumb:

why not just go with a regular 20g, even a 50trim? It's hard to run 11's on an evoiii without a SMIM and cams. I run the evoiii and the stock cams just don't move enough air in the upper RPMS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back