The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Show me your clean engine bays

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's one with everything off..not sure if I have one with the lights in. Upper piece unbolts for even more room.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:applause:

Did you do the fab work yourself? I see you live near STM and they seem to be doing a lot of DSM's radiator supports like that lately. Either way, that's impressive.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
:applause:

Did you do the fab work yourself? I see you live near STM and they seem to be doing a lot of DSM's radiator supports like that lately. Either way, that's impressive.

:dsm:

STM is about 5 hours away...JMF however, is 10 minutes away. :) I did do the fab work myself though! First attempt at anything like this with some helpful hints from my friends at JMF. Thanks for the compliment!

Did you cut the fender and all that fromt bumper support etc off? Or did it unbolt there. Ive been contemplating doing tubular xmembers when my car is 100% track used.

None of it unbolts from the factory...it's all hacked off with a sawzall and recreated.

You did a good job! Was there any science to where you hacked or did you just eyeball it all? Amd how did you fab up everything so the bumper and lights would be perfectly where they are supposed to. Amazing work.

There's a good amount of pics in my build thread throughout the various stages of this. As for the science of it, there really isn't any. Cut in a spot you feel is correct and go from there. Rebuilding it involved working w/ a few reference points (fenders, hood, etc). Look at the pics in my build thread and it should answer some of your questions.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/424485-9-second-1g-auto-drag-build.html

Still a work in progress

wire tucked, re-painted, custom mannifolds (both intake and exhaust) all custom piping

Attachments

• IMG00011.jpg
    IMG00011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG00010.jpg
    IMG00010.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 237
the master fuse box panel from under the hood is relocated into the glove-box. that way if problem happened you can still easily access the fusebox. my car came ABS and i deleted it and converted to a non ABS preporrtioning valve. the ABS system had its own ecu (brain box) located under a metal kick panel to prevent the passenger side feet from standing on it. since i no longer needed the ABS ecu i used this empty spot to put my power distribution block to feed power from the trunk into my engine bay. also there is a ground strap under there for all central ground. i used "thru-hull" fittings under the fenders to make my wire harness come sneaker style through each fender.

Got everything stripped down, and going to fill holes and re-paint it all black, to go with the new paint job which will be done in about a month. Will post picture when engine is back in and tucked.

Not a Dsm but I am using the 420a head

Last edited by a moderator:
the master fuse box panel from under the hood is relocated into the glove-box. that way if problem happened you can still easily access the fusebox. my car came ABS and i deleted it and converted to a non ABS preporrtioning valve. the ABS system had its own ecu (brain box) located under a metal kick panel to prevent the passenger side feet from standing on it. since i no longer needed the ABS ecu i used this empty spot to put my power distribution block to feed power from the trunk into my engine bay. also there is a ground strap under there for all central ground. i used "thru-hull" fittings under the fenders to make my wire harness come sneaker style through each fender.

did you have to extend the wires to do that?

these look awesome guys once i get all the kinks out of my car i'm gonna be doing some cleaning up on my engine bay

at the moment - working version

I'm hoping mine is now worthy of being in this thread. It's definitely not done yet, but it's about as clean as it's getting until the next time I pull the engine. IM, TB, and a few random parts need to be painted still.

Day 1

New Engine

After Turbo Upgrade

Current Setup

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back