The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Shep stage 4 tranny. Pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TearsForTalon

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2007
Sylvan Lake, Alberta_Canada
Hey guys,
I got the car back and took some photos of the trannsmission last night. I didn't take the intake off because it was so damn cold.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This photo is tooken from the passenger side looking into the engine bay with the wheel cranked.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is looking straight down on it. Its hard to see but to give you a bearing of what you're looking at, thats the front tip of the HKS SSQV at the top there.

Nice transmission, you have to love sheps work. I had the same problem with 5th gear I would always try to shift it like any other car but I found if I barely go up and over it goes in without any problem. Heres a little pic of my shep trans. before it went in the car, definately worth the money.

Attachments

• trans. resized.jpg
    trans. resized.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 458
Haha yeah I guess you could say it`s an early Christmas present to myself. I had a 1999 Dodge Ram that I sold. Every last peny of it went towards paying for this transmission.

And yeah I would LOVE to someday get a six bolt in there.

What a sick looking tranny. Almost cost as much as my car when I first bought it! :(
However the tranny looks like something I would see in Terminator... just the color I guess. ROFL

I paid $3400 for my 95' and it came with a TRE tranny.. LOL.

People like myself and the op, that spend money on any kind of built trans, we are looking to get the most out of our setup.... These cars can pick up a few tenths at the drag strip by shifting the way these trannies allow us to. I haven't actually powershifted this trans yet... But i have powershifted a stock tans, and it didnt last to long.

My time in my profile, isnt updated, i'll do that now.... But on that 12.1 @ 105, i actually let off after the 1/8 mile ...And 1/2 throttled it.. My car was misfiring for some reason... But on that run i was shifting damn fasttt, from 1st to 2nd and into 3rd... I believe that run would have been deep into the 11.5ish range if would have continued..That was the only sub 1.8 60 ft of the day......As my car traps 118-119 on a regular basis...:sneaky:

People like myself and the op, that spend money on any kind of built trans, we are looking to get the most out of our setup.... These cars can pick up a few tenths at the drag strip by shifting the way these trannies allow us to. I haven't actually powershifted this trans yet... But i have powershifted a stock tans, and it didnt last to long.

My time in my profile, isnt updated, i'll do that now.... But on that 12.1 @ 105, i actually let off after the 1/8 mile ...And 1/2 throttled it.. My car was misfiring for some reason... But on that run i was shifting damn fasttt, from 1st to 2nd and into 3rd... I believe that run would have been deep into the 11.5ish range if would have continued..That was the only sub 1.8 60 ft of the day......As my car traps 118-119 on a regular basis...:sneaky:

Do you use nlts and 2step.

SIck tranny,

beautiful, I'm sold LOL I have a stock with 100,000 miles on it. So far it has a cracked belhousing on top which, so when I engaged my clutch, it would spread a crack on top, I had it welded up, but the shaft dosen't line up exactly, so when hitting high rpm the clutch lets loose :( Now the syncros are shot, not a big fan of the stocker AWD. :banghead:

I actually got my car a while back for $500, it just needed a water pump, the guy thought it was toast. I had a mustang GT but love my talon so sold the stang. Now I can buy a bad sss trany.

I'm good with engines but hate doing trans, good call on gettin the power to the ground, worry free.:cool:

Where did you get it? What options did you get, or think you should of got?

Six year old thread bump, man.
Shep doesn't do DSMs much anymore (at least they don't advertise it)
TRE and Jack's are your best bets these days.

SIck tranny,

beautiful, I'm sold LOL I have a stock with 100,000 miles on it. So far it has a cracked belhousing on top which, so when I engaged my clutch, it would spread a crack on top, I had it welded up, but the shaft dosen't line up exactly, so when hitting high rpm the clutch lets loose :( Now the syncros are shot, not a big fan of the stocker AWD. :banghead:

I actually got my car a while back for $500, it just needed a water pump, the guy thought it was toast. I had a mustang GT but love my talon so sold the stang. Now I can buy a bad sss trany.

I'm good with engines but hate doing trans, good call on gettin the power to the ground, worry free.:cool:

Where did you get it? What options did you get, or think you should of got?
I love thread resurrections, nostalgia is still good right? LOL
John Shepard built those trannys, now he has expanded his shop and builds products to evos and has one of the fastest GT-Rs. Im not sure if they can still rebuild for dsm's, you can call and ask
Retired(?) his dsm last running a 7.70 i believe. There you go, the man, the legend :cool: About Us | Sheptrans

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back